cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS command before file processing in Sender File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm having troubles running a os command from the sender file (NFS) adapter. The batch file which I try to run is not getting executed at all.

When I manually run the same batch file from the command prompt then it works perfectly.

The OS command looks like this from the adapter config:

myserver\xi\interface\in\dothis.bat

I have also try with this notation

G:\myserver\xi\interface\in\dothis.bat

Please give me some tips how can I solve this problem, is there any way how can I debug the OS command? When I look at the adapter monitonr no errors are showed.

Thanks for any tips.

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The problem is solved.

Issue: File Receiver Channel does not execute the OS Command before message processing.

Reason: XI always expects an input file (in my case the sender communication channel) on the source folder. If no input files are found then the rest of the adapter configuration is not executed at all.

In our scenario the OS command is responsible for retrieving the input files from a FTP server the adapter. SO XI will never trigger the OS Command.

Solution: Place a dummy input file on the source folder , the sender adapter will always read in this file and put it back on the same location.(e.g. using a condition in the receiver determination).

Thanks,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link out.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ae/d03341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm"></a>

It talks about how to set the parameters to run operating system commands.

Regards,

Smitha.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Why can't you try with Forward Slash in the Command.

//myserver/xi/interface/in/dothis.bat

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi

Regards,

Moorthy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

There is a blog on this- Pls look into this

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/17/xi-operation-system-command--error-catching

Hope it helps,

regards,

moorthy