Data Extraction failure from DSO to Cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

The Data load to Cube( zfiar_c03) from DSO (zfiar_03) using a full

update is failing throwing the error message"Incomplete update due to

errors in single records ".We had deleted the failed request from

infocube and loaded the the same req from psa by correcting or removing

the # values but it failed again resulting in the same error.

When we checked the previous successful requests which got loaded to

cube from dso it also contains the # values , but the loading was

successful.

our BW reporting is seriously impacted due to the failure coz our

collection,recievables..etc all business critical report is based on

this cube.

Request you all to help..

thanks,

Sapta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Is there any update.

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapta Jyothi,

I am not sure what the actual problem is. But, from my prior experience, I fell this is related to the Process chain configuration provided you are using process chains.

If you are using a process chain , please check if there is any other failed step in the Process chain. If that is the case, even if the failure due to invalid entries is fixed the QM status of the load to the cube will not turn Green till the process chain status turns green or yellow. You can check from the details tab of the info-package load run and see if the process chain log step is red. If this is the case, then you will have to take action to see that other steps are completed succesfully. And also the Process chain in this case needs to be modelled in a way, such that, when a load to a cube fails the successive steps like creation of cube indeces should not be triggered.

Thanks ,

Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Both,

The message i am getting from details tab i had mention in my first message only,apart from that i

am not getting any clue of the error message.And i had mentioned you earliar also that the # values are

there in the infocube,so why this load is getting failed,right now we are making the req green manually to

provide the data in reporting level,request you all to help as our extraction is not happening properly.

Thanks,

ssurampally
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo Jyothi,

As you said, you are doing a full load from DSO to Cube every day, so in the same way DSO gets the data from the Datasource either by Full/Delta. The previous load from DSO may be successful but the recent data which came to DSo from Data source might have errors. So it is not able to update.

In the details tab, you may find the Infoobject which was affected with error message. This problem may be due to the invalid Char. So go to that infobject Check the option 'Lower case letters allowed'.

And also maintain all the possible invalid Chars in RSKC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

From deatila tab only we had got this error,we had done all the steps mentioned in the logs but i din understand why the load is not succesful.

pls help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there ay datapacket in RED in details? Jst chk on that packet the error with some incorrect value may be there...

Chk in SM58 once....and also try to manual update by right clicking on the packet,....

--

rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In the details of the process monitor in the Load, i guess it'll display the data packets which are throwing error and also in the long description it might show the error also....

so pls go thru that and try loading again...

--

rgds,