cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Reports not visible from Portal, mshost is wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After a refresh of BI but not the portal, the portal cannot view the BI reports.

1) The RFC is working from BI to portal no problem.

2) When trying to get to the reports screen it errors out with

Connect_PM Type=B MSHOST=63.252.133.40 Group=public R3name=BIQ msserv=sapmsBIQ

all of these are right except for the MShost. I dont know where it is getting this number from? Anyone know where this is set?

Because i did do a refresh i am wondering if something in BI is wrong left over from the refresh.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

cant really find the solution here. I was hoping for something a little more exact.

I cant find any of the Jco destination test areas, and with a refresh of BI and not portal i dont know why these would change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know where you find this exactly on the portal.

Check property Message Server (mshost) in Portal Systemlandscape for the property category 'Connector' (Systemlandscape/SAP_BW)

Actually found it under sap_bw you must double click on this to have the properites come up and yes the mshost address was this strange address.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What sort of system did you define the BI system as in the portal system landscape directory? Load balandced/direct connect etc?

Make sure the portal server's hosts and services files are correct in relation to entries that deal with the BI system SID and hostname.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Ran sm30 on table RSPOR_T_PORTAL and fixed the url entry. the host name was in their twice.

2) fix the mshost by method above, system admin, system config, landscape, SAP_BW double click and find the message server entry.

working much better.

Answers (0)