Did you mean: 

Service and Annual Maintenance Contract

mvr_police
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to All Experts,

i have searched the forum i did'nt get the information related to this,

I am working on Annual Maintenance Contract, which is same as Service contract,

i need to know the configuration steps and the validations to be taken from the client,

how the cycle to be configured, coming to AMC it is like if i sale computer for that computer, there is maintenance contract within validity period, and there will be service for which spares are provided and charged for those spare.

Atleast can anybody tell me about the service contract process, the complete cycle of contracts starting from VA41 to Billing.

your help is highly appreciated

Regards

Mani

Edited by: Mani's on May 17, 2009 7:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mvr_police
Participant
0 Kudos

yeah

thank you very much

john_steven
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Can you please help me in configuring the AMC process for my client. Currently they doesn't have any standard AMC process. My client needs AMC for the below scenarios

i) Includes only Machine services.

ii) Includes Machine services and spares.

Please let know the process to configure the above scenarios. Also let me know in which steps PM integration is required.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Regards,

Steven

hasan_ahmed1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

1.Create a Service material for AMC (Annual maintenance contract)

2. Create a Service contract (VA41) with the Service material (AMC) as a line item and enter the Contract start and End dates

3. Attach the Customer equipment (Technical object) to the line item (Service material -AMC)

4. Maintaini condition records to the materials ( price 0 to the material at free of cost and agreed price to other materials under contract)

-

Your contract is ready for the equipment

Whenever there is a Complaint / Service request from the customer for the equipment under AMC

1. Create a Notification and Service order (System will show you the contract Number for the equipment in Object information window)

2. Plan the labor and materials in the service order and issue materials & Confirm Time

3. Do Debit memo request with reference to the Service order

---> System will fetch the prices from the condition record (Material @ free of cost and Material cost under contract from the Condition record) based on the condition type

Note: Configure the DIP profile only for materials (Not for labor - if you provide labor at free of cost)

4. Finally settle the Service order and cost to the Contract

Hope this helps

Regards,

Babu

CS Consultant

Edited by: BabuCS on Jul 4, 2009 11:30 PM

Edited by: BabuCS on Jul 4, 2009 11:31 PM

john_steven
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

I need some help to map the scenario below.

After creating invoice for the machine, my client is providing installation and training at free of cost as the machine price includes all these costs. But he needs to capture the installation and training details of that particular machine. He needs a installation report with all machine details like serial number, date of installation, customer name etc

So please let me know the process for capturing these details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mani,

Key Steps

1. Service provided by an engineer will be free.

2. Some spare can be provided under warranty and some spares can be provided on chargeable basis.

3. Configure two item category, one will refer to service provided by an engineer and othere will refer to

spares on chargeable basis.

4. Identify spares which will be provided free of cost under warranty and maintain condition records for

those materials @ Rs 0 and vallidity will be period of contract.So that it will pick Zero price for those

which comes warranty.

5. Maintain condition records for normal materials.

Now create Contract Using VA41

1. list out the materials provided under contract including service provided by an engineer.

2. Now whenever customer requires service or spares, create sales order with reference to contract.

3. Copy spares required by customer.

4. Now it will automatically pick the price of spares as maintained in condition records.

5. Create delivery using VL01n.

6. Create Billing using VF01.

Hope it help you.

Revert for further clarification.

Regards

Amit