cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 7.0 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have just finished installing XI 7.0 on windows platform. When I started checking the post-install activities, I realized that the exchange profile is missing.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Thx/Farshad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need your help , please let me know the steps of XI installation.

I have installed NEtweaver04S ABAP system and I have added Java-ADDON to this ABAP system and i want to install the XI7 to this ABAPJAVA stack system, when i run the instlaler i see the PI ,but i am running into some issues of the instlaltion, as i have no idea where to select the PI. Please help me to install the XI7 on ABAPJAVA ADDON system ...please guys.

ns.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

The installation process for XI(PI) has changed with 2004s. You don't need to install ABAP and later add a Java stack. SAPINST will install both for you.

On the first screen on SAPINST, choose "NetWeaver 2004s", then "Systems with Usage Types". Choose your database and then "Central System Installation". Next Screen, will ask you for the usage type. Choose PI and it will figure out all the required components and dependencies.

BTW, I have installed PI on MS SQL using the SR0 DVDs. If you are using other databases or the SR1 installation kit the sequence maybe different.

Hope this is helpful. If you want screenshots, email me at Farshad.fatin@atosorigin-me.com and I will send you what I have.

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mohan,

You are right, it gets installed automatically. Interestingly enough, not all the post installation steps were performed by SAPINST (mainly the SLD related ones).

We also had issues with the PITemplateInstall. They turned out to be related to having a central SLD as well.

Thanks for your response.

Farshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fatin,

It gets automatically installed. Just to confirm open http://<host>:<port>/rep/start/index.jsp in the browser. You replace host and port with what you have given during installation. Once you open this page then click on "Administration" then

Repository/Administration of Properties/Exchange Profile

Directory/Administration of Properties/Exchange Profile

Runtime/Administration of Properties/Exchange Profile

to check whether you have installed correctly or not.