SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Street validations in transaction code FPP1

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide how can we make validation for street field in transaction code fpp1.

We have maintained the check in the 'city active' field in customization(spro).

After that it validates the street. But if we enter a street name which is not existing then it gives an 'error in address check' message. In that if we dont accept the street then it comes back to the main screen but if we accept then user is allowed to save that street. But we dont want that to be created in the customer address data (adrc table). We want only those streets should be allowed which are already present in the F4 help.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to look for any BADI available for the task.

BADI 'ADDRESS_CHECK' can be of help. Use Method 'ADDRESS_POSTAL_CHECK' of BADI 'ADDRESS_CHECK' to do the validation.

Regards,

Manish

Edited by: Manish Bisht on May 16, 2009 10:11 AM

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to look for any BADI available for the task.

BADI 'ADDRESS_CHECK' can be of help. Use Method 'ADDRESS_POSTAL_CHECK' of BADI 'ADDRESS_CHECK' to do the validation.

Regards,

Manish

Edited by: Manish Bisht on May 16, 2009 10:11 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply please.

Please suggest me any other solution if exists.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MP Vashishth on May 16, 2009 1:22 PM

0 Kudos

You can create your own Zfunction module and attach this Z function module in the event 'DCHCK' in the t-code BUS7.

Get the memory details by using BUA_BUPA_MEMORY_ADDRESS_GET function module .

validate the street .

Show the message by using BUS_MESSAGE_STORE function module

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply please.

Is it possible to do it by any standard tcode. Is there any other option exist except z fm to do it?

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

Try with Function Module - 'SZRS_DB_STRT_SINGLE'.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply please.

But the suggested soln is not that much useful and relevant.

I request you to please guide me with some other solution.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Vashishth,

Please let me know what exactly you want to acheive from this query.

I guess there is no config is there to validate the street with out writing code in 'Address_Check' Badi or validating by using BDT events.

Regards,

Siva

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your kind help. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Good day,

I'm facing the same problem. Process will not pass through BADI ADDRESS_CHECK when entering the same value for the Street.

I have gone through the steps above, but it seems that it would not work for me. I see that you were able to resolve your problem. Maybe you have done something aside from what is stated above? Can you kindly share the steps?

Thank you in advance.