cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-TDMS Installtion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I am new to SAP TDMS,Recently our company has planned to implement SAP TDMS in our landscape.

Now I want to know its installation procedure,Prequisties and hardware configuration that we should take for this.

I searched on marketplace and net but did not find.

Please suggest.

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guys,

i m facing a problem sap netwear mdm central system installation after  last 2 running 1 waiting 34 completed while i awaited to get responce  till approx 17 hours , system dont give me any error, any responce,......

i3 processor

2gbram

120gbhdd in vmware

so plz help me

Thx

former_member65049
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish ,

As I understand this issue is not related to TDMS (Test Data Migration server).

If its related to TDMS, please give more details on the exact issue faced.

Otherwise, send your query to another suitable component, as this forum is mainly to discuss about TDMS.

Also, its good if you create separate queries for separate issues....This helps in tracking issues in better way.

Regards,

Rupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry ! Bear with the formatting

Jaswant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam

I hope this will help you . Here are My Findings on TDMS

My Findings:

Step1u2022 Broadly speaking, to setup your TDMS landscape, you need to install the TDMS (DMIS, DMIS_CNT, DMIS_EXT with latest patch levels) software on the sender, receiver and central system. Latest available pack is SP11 (May 2009)

Step2u2022 Check Latest SPAM/SAINT

Step3u2022 Arrange - CD material # 51032076 and Material # 51032077. Search in SWDC with material # put in download basket and download with SAP DM. Read Notes 970531 & 970532 for installation of DMS/TDMS and DMIS/TDMS content.

Step4u2022 Basically you have to install DMIS and DMIS_CNT only (in all systems involved). But if you want to make full use of all functionality you have to install DMIS_EXT 2007_1 also (in all systems involved). TDMS DMIS_EXT is not a must component but it is good to have. CD # 51033076 (DMIS EXT ADD-ON Installation ) Search Download words for DMIS_EXT are u201CDMIS_EXT 2007u201D. Read SAP Note Number: 1094395 for installation of DMIS_EXT. Before starting Installation of DMIS_EXT, please make sure your kernel or at least you use an R3trans version dated MAY/14/2008 or later, otherwise you face errors in importing.

Step5u2022 Patches for both of the packages is also available and required. Patches can be searched as u201CDMIS_CNT 2006_1_700u201D (here 700 is the version from your BASIS release.) & DMIS 2006_1_700. File names of a typical SP look like K-61701INDMIS and K-61701INDMISCNT.

Step6u2022 Components (packages) excluded for the installation(check some packages, List from the note, should exist or not in the system se80) Should not exist in the system otherwise open a OSS message as per note-970531.

Step7u2022 Login to 000 with sap_all but not DDIC or sap*

Step8u2022 Upload Add-on and support packs to the system inbox. And then install. It is better to install add-on and sp in one queue.

Step9u2022 There is one password required for installation of add-on, see the respective notes for this.

Step10u2022 After Successful Installation of DMIS and DMIS_ addon with SPs. Generate profiles for TDMS projects . PFCG Utilities Menu  Mass Generation. Generate profiles which starts with these names : SAP_TDMS* , SAP_DMIS* , SAP_CMIS* , SAP_SLOP*. Read see SAP Note 897100.

Step11u2022 Apply Settings mentioned in Note # 890797.

Step12u2022 Execute TXN CNV_MBT_TDMS , Create New Project. Now create a New Subproject under project just created.

Step13u2022 Create New Package based on your scenario like Shell creation. After successful creation of New Package you will got PROCESS TREE / MONITOR u2013 PACKAGE 90XXXX Screen.You will got following kind of screen once you created TDMS Package, based on the UI you work with. Use TXN CNVMBTUISWITCH to switch to UI.

Edited by: jaswant purba on May 28, 2009 7:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we install TDMS on BASIS 701 (enhanced package 1)?

~Tom Cheng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

Please clear below doubts regarding TDMS.

1-As I read its a addon applied via SAINT and needs to be installed on both sender and receiver system.So as I understood that on both sender and receiver I have to apply this addon.Now on central system that will be our TDMS server,what I have to do..Do I have to install any SAP release like ECC5 and then apply TDMS addon it and use it as TDMS server or what exactly I there should be on TDMS server.

2-Our Production system database is 140 GB so for this what should be hardware configuration of TDMS server.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

yes this is possible.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

you need to install TDMS as an addon so ECC is necessary in receiver, sender, control and central system.

Of course you can use an existing system and put TDMS on top of it for control and central system.

I used several approaches :

- putting it on a sandbox environment

- on a productive solman

- on a new system

Hopefully this helps.

Regards,

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for reply.

Please confirm.

1-So for a new system TDMS installation...I need to install ECC,basic post installation of ECC and then TDMS addon.

2-For 140 GB prd database,what hardware configuration I should take for TDMS server.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

1. yes you only need an ABAP stack

2. SAP recommends min 4000 SAPS (4 CPU, 4 GB RAM, 20 GB HD)

SAP WebAS > 6.20

Hopefully this helps.

Regards,

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

SAP TDMS is an addon and can be threated as such. Transaction SAINT, components DMIS and DMIS_CNT are sufficient to start playing around.

Hopefully this helps.

Regards,

Eddy Rombaux

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shivam

Please refer to this thread, this might help.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I checked out the thread but installalation guide is not availbale there.

Please suggest.

Shivam

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have verified the link and guides are available there in OSS. what are the message you are getting in OSS

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

Guides are availabe but installtion guide is not available.Only Master,Security,Operations guide is availabe.

We are in process of hardware purchase,So looking for the hardware configuration required.

Shivam

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That information is available on Master guide on Page 13.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

Additionally please refer to notes 970531, 970532 and 1244346 which give you information on installaion and related ADD-ONS

Regards

Raghuram