Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

problem with discussion group contributor iview

HI,

i created an iview based on "km discussion groups" iview, and changed the default layoutset "DiscussionGroupsContributor" to "myDiscussionGroupsContributor" and removed few command groups in them. so now the end user opens the discussion group through this iview, and when he clicks on one discussion item, it opens a workarea in which he can reply, subscribe to post etc...

at the top, we see a "back button", which will take back to the discussion groups overview screen, but i see all the command groups that i removed, i.e. it is using "DiscussionGroupsContributor" instead of "myDiscussionGroupsContributor" when i click on back button.

any ideas please?

Regards

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Yogi,

the navigation from the DiscussionGroupsContributor iView with your myDiscussionGroupsContributor LayoutSet is similarly technical linked with the use of the UI Command join_discussion_thread_contributor. This command is integrated the following way:

The LayoutSet "<b>DiscussionGroupsContributor</b>" references the CollectionListRenderer "<b>DiscussionGroupWithoutTopicsCollectionListRenderer</b>". This CollectionListRenderer has an attribute "Displayed Properties" which include the entry ":displayname(contentLinkCommand=<b>join_discussion_thread_contributor</b>)".

You need to change the Attribute "Parameters" of this UI Command to "<b>LayoutSet=mySingleDiscExplorerContributor</b>".

Here again you need to duplicate the bold marked KM configuration objects to be upgrade safe.

Hope this helps,

Robert

PS: My inquiry revealed that the mentioned How-To Guide seems to be finished and about to be release hopefully soon.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question