cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with discussion group contributor iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i created an iview based on "km discussion groups" iview, and changed the default layoutset "DiscussionGroupsContributor" to "myDiscussionGroupsContributor" and removed few command groups in them. so now the end user opens the discussion group through this iview, and when he clicks on one discussion item, it opens a workarea in which he can reply, subscribe to post etc...

at the top, we see a "back button", which will take back to the discussion groups overview screen, but i see all the command groups that i removed, i.e. it is using "DiscussionGroupsContributor" instead of "myDiscussionGroupsContributor" when i click on back button.

any ideas please?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

could some one please help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogi,

The "back button" from the original "SingleDiscExplorerContributor" Layout Set is technically created by the UI Command "<b>SingleDiscBackContributor</b>". You can determine the Layout Set, which should be used (for the DiscussionGroups view), if you change the Attribute "Parameters" of this UI Command.

In your case the entry there should look like:

"<b>LayoutSet=myDiscussionGroupsContributor</b>".

Hope this helps,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thanks a lot for your reply and it works. got a couple of questions to close this thread:

where is this "SingleDiscExplorerContributor" layouset hooked up with "myDiscussionGroupsContributor" layoutset.

and where is this "SingleDiscBackContributor" linked to "SingleDiscExplorerContributor".

the only reason i am asking this is to be upgrade safe, i.e. to create "<b>my</b>SingleDiscExplorerContributor" and "<b>my</b>SingleDiscBackContributor".

it would really helpful if you could let me know this.

Thanks

P.S: How did you know this, becuase i tried to find out, but couldnt.. did u enable debugging settings to find this.. just curious to know? or any documentation available?? (i guess not)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogi,

It's always nice to hear when I could be of help when one is trying to solve a problem. You would make me even happier if you would say "Thanks" the SDN-way by using the coloured stars.

But first of all, I would like to let you know how the above UI Command is integrated in the LayoutSet. As you correctly said, it's important to work upgrade safe, and therefore not to change the SAP standard "SingleDiscBackContributor" UI Command, but to duplicate it under your own name.

The LayoutSet "<b>SingleDiscExplorerContributor</b>" references the CollectionListRenderer "<b>SingleDiscHeaderCollectionRendererContributor</b>". This CollectionListRenderer has an attribute "Components" which include the entry "<b>SingleDiscHeaderTitleComponentContributor</b>". If you go to "KM Configuration -> User Interface -> (Show Advanced Options) -> Mapping -> Component" you can search for this Component and see the attribute "Parameters" is set to "SingleDiscUIBackCommandAlias=<b><b>SingleDiscBackContributor</b></b>".

So the Component implementation is the one which allows the integration of such "Back" (or sometimes "Edit", etc.) Buttons (UI commands).

To be upgrade safe, you need to duplicate all bold marked KM configuration objects under your own name (my...).

Best regards,

Robert

PS: How do I know? I work quite some years now as SAP EP Consultant specialized on KM, and it seems like I was able to gather up some knowledge on this special area

But honestly speaking, I figured this out myself without a special documentation, when I created a new "application" for saving contact data in KM similar to the Collaboration Room Part “SAP Contacts”. I later presented this on a SDN event and also wrote a <a href="https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/2349">Weblog</a> about it.

But actually, I also know about a How To Guide for Customizing Discussion LayoutSet but I'm afraid it's not released yet. I will ask the responsible person from SAP, maybe he can write in this thread what the release plans for this guide are.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for delay in replying as i was working on something else. I thought that I could assign the points to all your answers one by once, once the problem is solved. However I assigned it now. One last query to close this thread.

Okay, I am missing one link in our discussion...i.e. where is "SingleDiscExplorerContributor" layoutset linked to "myDiscussionGroupsContributor" layoutset that i used in the iview for contributors.

i.e.i created "<b>my</b>singlediscexplorercontributor" layoutset now..where should i hook it up with the iview or "<b>my</b>DiscussionGroupsContributor" layoutset?

Thank you

P.S: So experience makes man perfect...:-). hey if you have that PDF that you are talking about, could you please send me that to yogiatsap@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogi,

the navigation from the DiscussionGroupsContributor iView with your myDiscussionGroupsContributor LayoutSet is similarly technical linked with the use of the UI Command join_discussion_thread_contributor. This command is integrated the following way:

The LayoutSet "<b>DiscussionGroupsContributor</b>" references the CollectionListRenderer "<b>DiscussionGroupWithoutTopicsCollectionListRenderer</b>". This CollectionListRenderer has an attribute "Displayed Properties" which include the entry ":displayname(contentLinkCommand=<b>join_discussion_thread_contributor</b>)".

You need to change the Attribute "Parameters" of this UI Command to "<b>LayoutSet=mySingleDiscExplorerContributor</b>".

Here again you need to duplicate the bold marked KM configuration objects to be upgrade safe.

Hope this helps,

Robert

PS: My inquiry revealed that the mentioned How-To Guide seems to be finished and about to be release hopefully soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

it also took some time for me to figure out, how all these things are puzzled together.

Regarding the H2Guide: They sent me one screenshot

of one page of the guide, so it is not a myth, it really exists.

Anyway, there is still one question open to me: There are some other commands in the Header of the discussion, like Selecting the posts, Subscribe and so on.

Do you know where those command are handled?

Would be great to have an answer

Cheers Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the reply and it worked..but only one missing link:

i.e. in the "join_discussion_thread_contributor" command, for the parameter, when i specify "LayoutSet=<b>my</b>SingleDiscExplorerContributor"

IT WORKED.

but when i duplicated the command "join_discussion_thread_contributor" to "<b>my_</b>join_discussion_thread_contributor" and in the parameters = "LayoutSet=<b>my</b>SingleDiscExplorerContributor". and finally when i set

"contentLinkCommand=<b>my_</b>join_discussion_thread_contributor" in the displayed properties of collection renderer

it didnt work.. any thoughts

Thank you for the help so far..

P.S. the question is marked as solved, but would be great if you could clarify this final query.. thanks

Ingo: Might be that is my next task man.. I gotto explore, I will elt you know if I find something regarding that..

i tried to assin points..but the choice buttons seems to be not working..anyhow will assign the points.

Message was edited by: yogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yogi/Robert,

I have a problem with my discussion groups iview.

I am using the discussion groups iView, and layout set is <b>DiscussionGroupsContributor</b>. The iView is using the <b>/discussiongroup</b> folder to store the discussions created.

Here's the problem: all the discussions created are stored in the same folder, and every new room created is able to view the same discussions.

I want to be able to restrict discussions to different rooms, so that members of one room cannot view/read the discussions from another room.

Please,how can I get this done...it is very urgent!!!

Thanks in advance.

Collins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thank your Robert, your explanation was very useful for me. Nevertheless, there's a little bug.

I customized the initial iView so that it may use a layout set (A) for the root folder and a different layout set (B) for the subfolders.

Once you get in the discussions iView, you get in the root folder, so it shows layout set A.

After getting in a "discussion group" it shows layout set B.

You can click in a discussion, read the posted messages and press "Back": then it shows layout set B, thanks to the customizing explained here.

Now, if I go back to the root folder, it shows the standard layout set, instead of layout set A, which was the one that I desired.

How can I solve this trouble?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Answers (0)