Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 1304803 u2013 Security note : How to apply ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have gone through the security note Note 1304803 u2013 Security note : Changing a transport without authorization as SAP has recommed us to implement this. I search about this note on sdn already. Now i have a confusion -

I have implement this on DEV system. It writes the exit in the start of program. I have also delete the another program as suggested in note. Now my confusion is that how i should implement this on PRD. It should be transported from DEV by the transport requests which is created during implementing on DEV or directly implement on PRD. I have this confusion because these programs are also related to transports. If i will transport this to PRD, will it require access key as required on DEV ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ankit Gupta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit

when you implemented this Note in DEV system and also deleted the report manually, it did ask for access key, both for develper access key and the object change access key, right ?

Now, the thing is that, when the access keys are requested form marketplace to change any object in SAP system, those are requested as per 'Installation Number'. In other words, when you utilized the access key to change or delete that object/report in system DEV, then that access key was not particular to the DEV system but it was particular to the 'Installation number' of your SAP system i.e. DEV system.

now, since you want this change/transport into QA/PRD systems of the landscape, it doesn't need you to delete the report again manually or you can say it doesn't require the 'access key' again because the 'installation number' normally same throughout the landscape and the object is already changed once as per the installation number !

So, you can implement the Note in QA/PRD just by importing the transport.

I hope this clears your doubt.

Bhudev

3 REPLIES 3

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope. Changes has been made in DEV system so by transporting into PRD it will update the program. you need not to change the program in PRD manually.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit

when you implemented this Note in DEV system and also deleted the report manually, it did ask for access key, both for develper access key and the object change access key, right ?

Now, the thing is that, when the access keys are requested form marketplace to change any object in SAP system, those are requested as per 'Installation Number'. In other words, when you utilized the access key to change or delete that object/report in system DEV, then that access key was not particular to the DEV system but it was particular to the 'Installation number' of your SAP system i.e. DEV system.

now, since you want this change/transport into QA/PRD systems of the landscape, it doesn't need you to delete the report again manually or you can say it doesn't require the 'access key' again because the 'installation number' normally same throughout the landscape and the object is already changed once as per the installation number !

So, you can implement the Note in QA/PRD just by importing the transport.

I hope this clears your doubt.

Bhudev

0 Kudos

Thanks to Both of u. Now my doubt is clear.

Ankit