cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching files to Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) How can we attach any files (word, pdf, email messages etc) to sales orders, credit memo requests etc?

2) Is there any restriction in attaching these files to sales orders? Is there any impact on system perfomance if we attach documents?

Could you describe both with DMS and without DMS.

Regrads,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto System --> Service for objects in the document Refer the url for further info

[attach a document to sales order|http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-log-sd/how-to-attach-a-word-document-to-sales-order-893357]

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to add attachments (pdfs) to sales order.

I understand that the following is required for viewing this option - services for objects:

Reference-SAP Note: Note 598073 - Message "No service available"

1. In Release 4.70, the object services for Transactions VA02/VA03 were deactivated in the SAP Standard System (for performance reasons). However, the object services can be reactivated individually by setting user/profile parameter SD_SWU_ACTIVE = X.

2. The object services are only available for dialog users, that is, if you choose user type 'Dialog' for the corresponding user on the 'Logon data' screen in Transaction SU01.

My system is 4.6C and I am not able to add this parameter - "Parameter ID SD_SWU_ACTIVE does not exist".

My user type is 'dialog'.

Can you tell me if there is something else that I need to activate?

Regards

Manoj

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As Sheshagri said to attach a file in Sales Order you will have to go to transaction VA02 (not possible in VA01) and click on the Service for Object icon , the system will give you the option for attaching the file.

If the icon is not coming then go to SU01 and assign the SD_SWU_ACTIVE in the parameter of User ID which you are using, with the value "X"

Regards

Amitesh