cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with My First BSP Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have developed my BSP Application using the tutorial at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c8/101c3a1cf1c54be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I created a Package, a BSP application and htm page.

I copied the code and activated both the BSP App and the page.

When i execute i get the following on the browser.

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings

What is the problem

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Just had another thought. If your sure all the proper services are active then look at this: Go to the properites tab of your first HTML page of your bsp. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the URL. What does it say: Does it look something like:

HTTP://yourservername.com:portnumber/sap/bc/bsp/sap/yourbspname/yourstartpage.htm

or something like this

HTTP://abcd123.sdn.com:8000//sap/bc/bsp/sap/yourbspname/yourstartpage.htm

abcd123.sdn.com:8000 is somehting I just made up but you should get the picture.

If yours doesn't have something like this then check with your basis team. They may need to set up some of the default instance profile parameters such as icm/host_name_full etc...

Cheers,

Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rich..

Problem got solved

"hostname" in the URL was somehow pointing to a wrong server.

that was the error

I really apprecite your prompt help

Thanks

Sharath

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to see if the service is activated simply right click on it in SICF. There you will see whether or not the service is activated. Additionaly when you are activating the services from the OSS note you will see 2 YES buttons. Be sure to click the one on the right. Its the one with the little arrow and folder picture on it. Clicking this button will also activate the sub nodes.

Your BSP will be in the following path:

default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/yourbspname

Although you shouldn't have to activate it in SICF if its properly activated via SE80 and all the system services listed below are active.

Here are the BSP services that must be activated:

/default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap

/default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/system

/default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/public/bc

/default_host/sap/public/bc

/default_host/sap/public/bc/ur

/default_host/sap/public/bsp/sap/public

/default_host/sap/public/bsp/sap/public/bc

/default_host/sap/public/bsp/sap/system

/default_host/sap/public/bsp/sap/htmlb

/default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/it00

/default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/sbspext_htmlb

/default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/sbspext_xhtmlb

/default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/htmlb_samples

Like I said make sure you click on the right hand side YES button to ensure all the sub node get activated as well.

It is not enough to just activate your BSP application node. All parents should be activated also. Doesn't hurt thats for sure

Let me know if this helps

Cheers,

Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to add one thing. Have you tried running one of the sample BSP's to see if you are getting the same error?(I.E. SBSPEXT_HTMLB) If you are then definitly check OSS note 517484. If not, then obviously its your specific BSP and you should activate it in SE80. If that goes ok and your still getting that error check that your BSP service is active in SICF

Cheers,

Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Richard,

I get the same error when i run the Sample BSPs like the SBSPEXT_HTMLB

so i looked into the oss note 517484. The note talks about activating the differnet services. I am copying the following from the notes

Since several services may be executed when you call a URL, all service nodes must be activated in the SICF tree. The URL path is represented in ICF subnodes (services) as a result. If, for example, you want to activate services for the /SAP/public/icman URL, you have to activate the "default_host" service tree in transaction SICF. After that, you must activate the individual "sap", "public" and "icman" services.

So following that statement, i have activated all the nodes

But still i get the same error

any other inputs?

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard,

How do i check that the BSP service is active. I mean what is its location in the tree.

Also pease tell me if it is enough to activate just my BSP application node, its parent, its parent ..up until the root node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sounds like you may need to activate some services via transaction SICF. Look at OSS note 517484. Then activate and run your BSP.

Cheers,

Rich