Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade process precautions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am just wondering to know under which circumstances that custom built programs will fail to work after upgrade process. I would greatly appreciate if you can provide some documentation on it.

Thx in advance.

Rajesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I am just wondering to know under which circumstances that custom built
 programs will fail to work after upgrade process.

1) Obsolate Function modules - If your Z Program is using the FM which no more exists in New System the program will give syntax-error

2) SAP Cloned programs - If you have cloned SAP programs in Z program then you have to keep check if the standard delevered object is changed as part of Upgrade and them make the same changes in Cloned Objects

3) Unicode Compliant - If your system is not Unicode compliant you may require to do fixes to make it Compliant.

[Here|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERP6/SAPERP6.0+Upgrade]

is some more helpful information.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Shital

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I am just wondering to know under which circumstances that custom built
 programs will fail to work after upgrade process.

1) Obsolate Function modules - If your Z Program is using the FM which no more exists in New System the program will give syntax-error

2) SAP Cloned programs - If you have cloned SAP programs in Z program then you have to keep check if the standard delevered object is changed as part of Upgrade and them make the same changes in Cloned Objects

3) Unicode Compliant - If your system is not Unicode compliant you may require to do fixes to make it Compliant.

[Here|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERP6/SAPERP6.0+Upgrade]

is some more helpful information.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Shital