cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Further Processing in Process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a process chain in which i load data from an ODS to the Cube with the 'Further Processing' event, since i use the generated DataSource of the ODS. Since last few days the process chain gets stuck at the Further Processing step. Which mean, a new request will be created for the load from ODS to cube, but doesn't get complete. It remain for long hours in 'Running' status, without either completing or Error out.

In this scenario, i kill the job, delete the request from cube, delete the datamart indicator (Delta) and manually update the cube from the ODS and it works fine.

This issue happens randomly.

Has anyone faced similar issues? If yes, what's the solution for this. I would also like to know, why this happens.

The server details are,

SAP_BW: Release 310

Support Package: SAPKW31014.

Thanks and Regards,

Jay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you create a PC with "Suggest default Processes" and with automatic update to further data targets check flag in the cube?

If yes, are you using different Infopackage to load your targets?. You might be having an info package to load your targets, and also a further processing Process, which might have a conflict. So either time them differently or just remove one from the process chain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Welcome to SDN!!

The possibility is that the "further processing" job starts before the complete activation of the ODS. You can put a wait time of 10-15 mins on the "further processing" process and then check.

Bye

Dinesh