Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade of Business Objects v3.0 to v3.1 makes folder security disappear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

re: Upgrade of Business Objects v3.0 to v3.1 makes folder security disappear

We just upgraded to v3.1 and the security I put in place in v3.0 did not carry over for the folders. Our company wanted to secure the folders per SAP security role, so I did that by breaking the inheritence relationship from the Root Folder on child folders that they should not have access to (see SAP note#1281763 for explaination on this type of procedure). It worked fine in v3.0, but after the upgrade, all of those changes had disappeared and every SAP role was able to see every folder. This was a major effort to secure those folders and I do not want to do it again. Also, we did import the roles into the upgrade BO v3.1 before we imported the BO structure, which as told to us by SAP, would work and not cause this issue.

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

I recommend to post this query to the [BusinessObjects Enterprise Administration|; forum.

This forum is dedicated to topics related to administration and configuration of BusinessObjects Enterprise, BusinessObjects Edge, and Crystal Reports Server.

It is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there.

Also, all BOE Administration queries remain in one place and thus can be easily searched in one place.

Best regards,

Falk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Posted in recommended forum.