cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Action for Info type 0016

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

I want to know how can i configure a Dynamic action for info type 0016 to monitor the probation period.

Requirement is to trigger a Email to admin before 15 days of exiry of probation period.

Request response only who have configured this actions in SPRO and Features.

What are all the features are to configured for this scenario

Thanks in advance

Regds

Pk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue closed

Regards

Punit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell waht configuration you have done as I have similar sinerio (Dynamic Action for Info type 0016.).I am confussed with the replay.

Regards

Mili Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue closed

Regards

Punit

former_member583520
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to maintaint M0001 feature

then go V_T588Z give 0019IT

Here you need to check the system date to trigger the mail use MNDAT field.

In 0001IT you need to maintain the administrator.

Maintian 0016 and 0019IT you need to give the remainder date..

Then automatically triger the mail.

Any query's pls let me know.

Thansks and Regards,

Revathi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Puniit

I belive you can't do it by dynamic action.

Dynamic action is an action which will trigger based on user action.

For Dynamic action an user action is required.

In your case user not doing any action and asking you trigger.

Your requriement will be fulfilled by Workfolow only

Warm Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Dynamic Actions are automatically trigerred by the system when certain actions met. Eg: If you enter no of Child as 2 in IT0002, the system automically triggers the IT0021, subtype Child to enter the details, Otherwise it wont trigger the IT0021, if you didnt mention any value in no of child in IT0002. Same like that we can configure Dynamic Actions depends on our need using the path IMG->PM->PA-> Customizing Procedure -> Dyn Action. or by using Table T588Z.

RupaPrasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh and all other friends,

Thanks for your response.

Dynamic Actions for Info type 0016 for monitoring the Probation period.

The problem is the mail on the date of reminder is not getting triggred.

any one who has maintained this actions may pl suggest the possible solutions with steps in spro and features..

Regds

Punit

former_member47879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dynamic Actions

This article will give you the clear picture about the Dynamic action and their various components.

Dynamic actions are activities triggered automatically by R/3 during infotype maintenance. The database table T588Z is a set of records that stores information related to dynamic actions. The module pool MPNNNN00 of all infotypes includes the standard program MPPERS00.

That program contains routines for calling dynamic action functionality. Each time you press the save button on the maintenance screen of an infotype, the PAI (process after input) section of the screen calls these routines. This is to check the table T588Z for starting any dynamic action relevant to the current infotype.

The maintenance of dynamic actions is done via the view V_T588Z.

[Edit section] A dynamic action has the following components

[Edit section] Infotype Number (INFTY)

Specifies the infotype for which you want the dynamic action triggered.

[Edit section] Subtype (SUBTY)

Narrows the focus to a specific subtype

[Edit section] Field Name (FIELDN)

Starts your action when a maintenance function is performed on a particular field

[Edit section] Function (FC)

This controls for which types of processing (create, change and/or delete a data record) a dynamic action should be carried out. The processing type is indicated by a two-digit numeric value. These values can be added up; in other words, you can enter several processing types for each infotype, subtype or field. A dynamic action can also be carried out independent of the current processing type.

00 for Independent of the current function carried out

02 for Change

04 for Create

06 for Change and create

08 for Delete

10 for Change and delete

12 for Create and delete

[Edit section] Dynamic actions are only applicable in maintenance operations

not in display functions.

[Edit section] Examples

If you enter 06, an action is carried out if the specified infotype was created or changed.

If you enter 00, an action is carried out irrespective of whether the specified infotype was created, changed or deleted.

[Edit section] Sequence Number (NO)

Refers to a sequential number.

[Edit section] Step (A)

Specifies a particular type of action. No dynamic action is executed if the function character has a value other than one of the following:

[Edit section] P

Plausibility checks, which allow you to check certain conditions.

You can enter values for specific infotype fields. Field names must be entered in full. Literals and constants can serve as comparison values. These must be enclosed by inverted commas. Variables can also be used.

The old value of a field can be used for comparison; the field name must be preceded by PSAVE-.

If fields of other infotypes are used for comparison, these must be stored in the module pool of the current infotype.

The following comparison operators are supported:

o = equal to,

o < less than,

o <= less than or equal to,

o > greater than

o >= greater than or equal to and

o <> not equal to.

Consecutive checks must be linked by a logical AND. Logical OR links must also be indicated by a /X.

[Edit section] Note

Note that all checks with OR links must have a /X. If the result of the comparison operation is not "true", then the following commands (I, F, W etc.) are skipped over until a field is reached or a new comparison operation takes place.

[Edit section] Examples

Infotype Field ..... Ind. Variable function part

o 0007 STAT3 P P0007-STAT3='0'

0007 STAT3 P PSAVE-STAT3='1'

The step is taken if the value in the P0007-STAT3 field changes from 1 to 0.

o 0007 P P0013-KLKZ1<>'0'/X

0007 P P0013-ALVKZ<>'0'/X

0007 P P0013-RVKZ1<>'0'/X

0007 P P0013-RVNUM=SPACE

The first three conditions are linked by an OR; at least one of these conditions must be met. Condition 4 must always be met. The step is taken if the following holds true:

P0013-KVKZ1 not equal to 0 or P0013-ALVKZ not equal to 0 or P0013- RVKZ1 not equal to 0, and P0013-RVNUM empty.

[Edit section] I:

Calls an infotype for processing

Enter the step, infotype, subtype, object ID, start and end dates of the record and an indicator which defines whether the step is to be run in the background. The possible actions are INS, COP, MOD, and DEL.

Use commas to separate selection criteria just like the separator in the matchcode. If an entry is missing, the system inserts a comma.

Separate the indicator for suppressing dialog from other entries by a slash D (/D). A slash S (/S) will also suppress dialog.

Constants, such as those for subtypes, are not enclosed in inverted commas. Variable entries are also permitted. Fields containing such values must be put in brackets.

[Edit section] Examples

Infotype Field .... Ind. Variable function part

.... I INS,19,01/D

Step: Create a Dates record, subtype 01, run in the background

.... I DEL,14,M559

Step: Delete Rec. Payments/Deds. record with subtype (wage type) M559.

0007 .... I INS,8,,,(P0007-BEGDA),(P0007-ENDDA)

Step: Create a Basic Pay record (0008) without subtype and object ID. The start and end dates are the same as those in the current Planned Working Time record (0007); specify these two fields only if they are filled because the dynamic action was triggered by this infotype.

[Edit section] W

Default values for new record

Called after the I statement and used to assign values to screen fields while creating or copying another infotype record through the I statement Literals or variables are used as default values.

Set the defaults for the infotype, subtype, object ID, start and end dates using an I step and not a W step.

Do not set defaults for Q fields of an infotype because the values for these fields are derived from the corresponding P fields.

[Edit section] Examples

Infotype Subtype ..... FC Ind. Variable function part

o 0021 2 04 I INS,0015,M430

0021 2 04 W P0015-BETRG='10000'

When a Family/Related Person record (0021) record with subtype 2 (child) is created, an Additional Payments record (0015) with a default amount of 100.00 is created.

[Edit section] F

Call a routine

[Edit section] F:

Calls a FORM routine (subroutines in ABAP) during your action. The routine may reside in or out the module pool MPNNNN00.

You can call internal (module pool) as well as external routines.If you call external routines, type the program name in brackets after the routine name. Do not specify 'using' parameters. When calling an external routine, all data must be declared in a common part. You can use the fields of structure RP50D to return values from the routine. These are not used in the standard system and can only be populated via the routine and then can be used for defaults (W-Commands). This allows customer-specific routines to be formulated with all the above steps.

[Edit section] Example 1

o Infotype Field ..... Ind. Var.function part

o 0016 PRBZT F PROBATION

0016 PRBZT I INS,19,01

0016 PRBZT W P0019-VTRMN=PRBEND

Module pool MP001600 contains the PROBATION routine. This routine uses the entries in the fields P0016-PRBZT and P0016-PRBEH to determine the end of the probation period which it stores in the field PRBEND.

The system creates a new 'Dates' record with the reminder date = PRBEND.

[Edit section] Example 2

Infotyp ..... Ind. Var. function part

0001 F GET_DATE(ZPUDYN01)

0001 I INS,19,01

0001 W P0019-VTRMN=RP50D-DATE1

The GET_DATE routine in program ZPUDYN01 calculates a date and enters this date in the RP50D-DATE1 field via "TABLES RP50D" in ZPUDYN01. This date can be user-defined in GET_DATE: if necessary, user-defined infotypes can be read afterwards.

[Edit section] V

Cross-reference to another step

Lets you treat collectively a number of fields for which you want to define a common dynamic action Here, you can combine fields to groups. The variable function part contains the value in the field which follows the "field" column. Steps which are specified only for the following field are also triggered for each of the other fields.

[Edit section] Examples

Infotype Field ..... FC Ind. Variable function part

o 0016 PRBZH 06 V PRBZT

0016 PRBZT 06 I DEL,0019,01/D

Infotype 0019, subtype 01 is deleted in the background when the field PRBZT or PRBZH in infotype 0016 is changed or created (function code 06).

The following entries are equivalent:

o 0016 PRBZH 06 I DEL,0019,01/D

0016 PRBZT 06 I DEL,0019,01/D

[Edit section] M:

Sends SAP Office mail

Enter the name of the feature which defines the characteristics of the mail.

[Edit section] Example

Infotype Field ..... Ind. Var.function part

o 0001 SACHP M M0001

A mail is sent when the field SACHP is changed. The characteristics of the mail are defined in feature M0001. In the standard system, feature M0001 is provided as a model. The documentation on feature M0001 explains how to define the characteristics of a mail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Thanks for you time devoted in a detailed expleination.

In my case Monitoring of task is in place.

customizing as per my understanding for Mail in SPRO also there. When maintaing the Info type 0016 for a probation period, IT 0019 is creating for monitoring. The date i am entering as a reminder in MNDT field, a mail should trigger. Thats not happening although i have maintained the feature for it.

I will apreciate if you have configured this action practically in server for It 0016 and 0019 then pl suggest.

Kindly keep the explaination up to these Info types for settings in IMG and features otherwise it gives confusion.

Regds

punit

AshishBhati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

If you want to generate mail, its possible from Dynamic action, with the help of ABAPer you need to write the routine and put it in the dynamic action. Its running fine in my project.

Logic of routine:

Check the system date and the field P0019-TERMN, if the difference between both dates is 15 days then generate mail from feature M0001.

OR

In the Dynamic action of IT0016 maintain the fields

Q0019-ANZHL='15'

Q0019-ZEINX='Days'

Q0019-OPERA='-'

Then make the routine ie function module which checks the field P0019-MNDAT. Finally run the Mail generation before 15 days of the contract period.

Always remember, system should automatically generate things with the help of function module only.

With dynamic action, you need to run the action and then the mail will generate but if the query is that system should generate it, then you need to create the routine.

Also - make sure that scheduler for that action should on for everyday, so you will not miss the single record.

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Its really making sense to me and sure will be working.

will get back after testing

Thanks and Regards

Punit

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Experts,

I have tried for dynamic action and mail triggrering. Mail getting triggered as per action but not on the date i have configured.

Mail should be triggered as per reminder date set in Info type 0019. If any one has configured it with standard seting , pl sugest the steps for mail setting.

Regards

Punit Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think send Mail action will not trigger through dynamic action unless there is a change/create in any infotype.For your requireemt,create a small custom program and schedule to every day for sending mail by checking infotype.

Manoj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can write a custom program and make the checks in te program.

This program will send mails.

This program needs to be scheduled everyday.

In dynamic action I doubt whether you can send mails in this case,as dynamic action is trigerred when an infotype is modified or changed.

Thanks,

Sutapa.

former_member47879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probation Monitoring of tasks

P-P0016-PRBZT<>PSAVE-PRBZT/X

P-P0016-BEGDA<>PSAVE-BEGDA/X

P-P0016-PRBZT<>'00000000'

I-MOD,0019,Z1

W-P0019-TERMN=P0016-BEGDA

W-P0019-VTRAN=P0016-PRBZT

W-P0019-VTRZH=P0016-PRBEH

W-P0019-VTROP='+'

W-P0019-MNDAT='00000000'

AshishBhati
Contributor
0 Kudos

In the feature CONTR, maintain tables

V_T7INZ3_OLD. (ER notice Period)

V_T547T (EE notice period)

V_T547V (Contract Type)

For Dynamic action, you need to maintain the cust. specific function module and in the code, compare the system date with the "contract date field" if days 15 left then generate the SAP mail.

There are more options but logically more time consuming and need testing.

Good Luck - ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Configure Dynamic actions in the table T588Z

Use P0016 & CONTR features for setup