cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No Items Found" using Infoset Driver in Crystal XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are have ECC 6.0, SAP Gui 710 Patch level 10, and using Crystal XI (11.0.0.895) to report with. We have transported the Open SQL Connectivity Driver and the Infoset Connectivity drive successfully. We have also installed the SAP Integration Kit for XI using Desktop installation option.

When we connect to the the Tables, Clusters, or Function driver everything works fine and we are able to retrieve data from various SAP tables from the Crystal Reports. However, when we connect to the infoset driver all we get for either the infoset or queries nodes is "No Items found". The user has SAP ALL authorizations. We have included his userid for the specific user groups related to the Infosets and SAP Queries he needs access to.

Any suggestions you have will greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jenny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for InfoSets to show up in Crystal Reports your InfoSet needs to be assigned to the User Group and your user needs to be assigned to the user group for infoSets.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo. We have already verified that the user's id has been added to the usergroup and the infoset is also part of that user group. As well as the ABAP query. Any other suggestions?

Jenny

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are not seeing any InfoSets or InfOSet query or are you only missing particular items ?

Did you assign the authorizations from class ZSSI to the user ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingo,

We didn't explicitly assign the authorization. Can tell us what transaction(s) we can use to make the assignment? We've used PFCG to modify roles where authorizations to classes are made. Is this the tool to use to make this assignment?

Jenny

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

correct. you can do that in PFCG.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingo,

We are unable to find this class ZSSI. Any advice?

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you import all ABAP Transports from the SAP Integration Kit to your SAP system ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we imported the following Transports to the SAP System.

1. Open SQL Connectivity transport (K900287.r21 and R900287.r21)

2. Row-level Security Definition transport (K900280.r21 and R900280.r21)

3. Cluster Definition transport (K900281.r21 and R900281.r21)

4. Info Set Connectivity transport (K900279.r21 and R900279.r21)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then you should see authorization objects in the class ZSSI. look for authorization objects starting with Z

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingo, which transaction will allow me to see the classes on the system?

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can see all the authorization classes in transaction SU03.

Ingo

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use transaction SU03 to see the authorization class

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingo,

Through SU03 I don't see the ZSSI class. I guess my next question is how do I create the ZSSI class and what is involved in setting it up? Is ZSSI a standard delivered class in SAP with the Integration kit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingo,

the ZSSI class has the SAP_ALL authorization which is what our user has and he still can't see the Infosets and ABAP queries.

Jenny

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ZSS is an authorization class that only exists after you imported the ABAP transports so your SAP_ALL most likely won't have it. Please go into transaction PFCG and assign the authorization objects to the user. You can also search the authorization objects using "Z*".

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it ZSS or ZSSI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgive me I'm a bit confused by your last statement

"Hi Jenny,

Did you assign the authorization objects to the roles that want to do reporting ?"

The user has the SAP_ALL Authorization Profile. Are you asking me to find out what authorizations make up the roles that our linked to our report developer end users? We are on ECC 6.0.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no - I am asking if you have assigned the authorizations objects from the class ZSSI to the user that is using Crystal Reports

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

We just assigned authorization object ZSEGREPORT from ZSSI class to the users role. Hopefully this will work. We are awaiting a response from the user. Thank you for your prompt responses, assistance and patience.

Jenny

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

great - let me know how it goes and if it did solve the problem

thanks

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Unfortunately adding the authorization object did not solve the problem. Any more suggestions?

Jenny

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

- Transports are installed ?

- Crystal Reports with client components from the SAP Kit is installed

- InfoSet is assigned to a InfoSet user group ?

- User that creates the report is assigned to this user group as well

- no filter defined in the menu File / Options in the CR Designer that limits the list of InfoSets ?

so the list just stays totally empty ? Do you see any InfoSets or InfoSet queries ?

Do the other connectivity like SAP Tables work ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingo,

- Transports are installed ? Yes..since this is just to SAP ERP we did not do the BW transports. We did the following Transports and they were all successful:

1. Open SQL Connectivity transport (K900287.r21 and R900287.r21)

2. Row-level Security Definition transport (K900280.r21 and R900280.r21)

3. Cluster Definition transport (K900281.r21 and R900281.r21)

4. Info Set Connectivity transport (K900279.r21 and R900279.r21)

- Crystal Reports with client components from the SAP Kit is installed

Since this was a desktop install we select desktop installation. Based on Installation we did not load the SAP Java connector or sapjco.jar, or sapjcorfc.dll because is seemed it was only needed for enterprise wide implementation. SAP Gui was installed with the librfc32.dll file

- InfoSet is assigned to a InfoSet user group ? Yes

- User that creates the report is assigned to this user group as well yes

- no filter defined in the menu File / Options in the CR Designer that limits the list of InfoSets ? No, checked serveral times

so the list just stays totally empty ? Yes Do you see any InfoSets or InfoSet queries ? I don't have access to their system but I've had multiple users check

Do the other connectivity like SAP Tables work ? Yes they do. We are able to connect and see tables with SAP Table Driver

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

pretty strange. Could I ask you or your SAP BASIS Admin to run a RFC Trace in the background when you try to connect and to check if there is anything strange ?

Ingo

0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

Have you tried to access this Infosets using the same user credentials from SAP GUI using SQ02?

regards,

Sergey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingo

Thanks for you help and your patience. We got it working. Turns out it was user error (filter)!

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingo / Jenny,

I seem to be having the same issue, only in Crystal Reports 2008 instead of XI. I can't seem to locate any filter under the menu File / Options that deals with Infosets. The closest thing I see that looks like a filter, is under the Database tab, where it says Data Explorer. It has five checkboxes listed there for: Tables, Views, System Tables, Synonyms, and Stored Procedures. I tried checking all of them and also unchecking all of them. I'd like to rule out this filter possibility, but not sure if I'm looking in the right location. Is the filter option in 2008 the same as it was in XI, or did it move?

Thanks,

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

In Crystal 2008 go to File > Options and then select the Database tab. There is a input box titled under the data explorer titled "Table name like". That is the filter we are talking about. I believe you are looking in the right spot. Also I have Tables, Views and Store Procedures checked. Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it does. I have nothing in those input boxes for "Table name LIKE" and "Owner LIKE", so I can accurately rule out that there is a filter hindering me. I'll keep working with the BASIS Admin on this

Thanks again!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jenny:

I've just been asked to import several transports into our system. They might as well have asked me to translate Egyptian hieroglyphics. I'm an ABAP programmer w/ 2 years under my belt and zero experience in BO. Could you help me? I've no idea even where to begin. My basis person is also lost. All we have to go on is a .ZIP file containing a text document with this:

* Open SQL Connectivity transport (K900287.r21 and R900287.r21)

* Info Set Connectivity transport (K900279.r21 and R900279.r21)

* Row-level Security Definition transport (K900280.r21 and R900280.r21)

* Cluster Definition transport (K900281.r21 and R900281.r21)

* Authentication Helpers transport (K900282.r21 and R900282.r21)

The following files must be used on an SAP BW system:

(These files are Unicode enabled.)

* Content Administration transport (K900283.r21 and R900283.r21)

* Personalization transport (K900284.r21 and R900284.r21)

And a folder named "unicode_compatible" with two subfolders, "data" and "cofiles" that have files in them.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you open a new entry in the forum and describe your issue. this entry is already closed and treated as being answered.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at the SAP Kit Installation guide. It tells you exactly what file path you must import these to files (data and config) which make a complete transport.

Jenny