cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up Max Grab Qty in an order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please help/hint me on how to set up Maximum grab qty (item level) for an order.

For example - If i set up material ABC with 50 Max grab Qty , then you should not be able to raise an order with qty greater then 50. VA01 should block it.

Thanks in advance for the response.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a min order qty for a material at mat. master. But if you want a max qty check at order you need to go for an enhancement. We did this by adding a new field to MVKE table ie to the sales views of mat master to input the max order / grab qty. A user exit at order level will check the value entered at mat. master data and would not allow more than that.

Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sadhu Kishore,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, I did add a new field MVKE-ZZQTEMAX but was wondering which user exit i could use?

Can you help me with that.

Thanks,

Gokul.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check with exit USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE in the include MV45AFZZ.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can use the user exit USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP in the include MV45AFZB this user exit is called if you give the material number and the other details like quanity etc and press enter.

If U want to do the check at the time of the Save then you can use USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE in the include MV45AFZZ.

or you may try the User eixt... USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION in the include MV45AFZZ..

Thanks...

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that userexit will do the job.

If there is any code piece or more detail i appreciate that.

thanks,

Gokul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to do this enhancement, first decide the user exit and a put a break point. You will notice at the time sales order processing after entering the order qty whether its stopping at the break point or not. Offcourse you need a technical assistance here.

I guess the line item user exit ie at VBAP, would be more helpful to put the code. The piece of code depends on how you want the logic to work.

1.Is it that for every sales order you want to trigger this code, or if only in specific cases then you may even need to hard code.

2. Do you want check that the max order is not crossed even when a user changes the order qty through VA02.

3. Any other specific check that you want to consider.

Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Answers (0)