cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LDAP through BO XI R2 to filter data from a published report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am trying to determine if it is possible to create a report in Crystal Reports (XI R2) that can utilize LDAP calls to determine a users' group affiliation, for the purpose of filtering report data. We are running Business Objects XI R2 SP4 on AIX 5.3. We use IBM Tivoli Directory Server for LDAP user authentication.

We would like to create a single report that contains a large amount of data. We have several different groups that would need to view this report, but we'd like to filter the data of this report to only what is pertinent for a given user. If this is possible, it would allow us to design a single report for many users, rather than creating and maintaining dozens of reports with the same basic design.

I'm having trouble finding data on this subject and decided to post here to see if anyone has had any experience or background in this.

Regards,

Sean Boone

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you wanna get the log in information of user

you can add a parameter in page server command line to trace it. where you can get the information.

But even i am searching for a parameter to put a trace .

Regards,

Neo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understood you wanna create a report and map a user (LDAP) to see particular report ?

You can Map a user of LDAP under specified report in CMC.

What I mean to say is you can assign rights access the report to user .

Is this you want to perform ?

Would you explain it bit further.........

Regards,

Neo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

We are using LDAP for authentication and it is working. My question is basically how can I filter data in a report based on a user's membership in a particular group within LDAP?

For example, I want to create a report that contains data for 58 counties in the state. All the data for all 58 counties would be included in this report. But if a user who is in Yolo county runs this report, I want the report to filter data relating only to Yolo county only, and nothing else. If another user from Alameda county runs the same report the data returned should only be pertinent to Alameda county.

All authenticated users would have the ability (authority) to run/view the report, but should only see a filtered subset of the data, based on which LDAP-based group (county) they belong to. My question is, can LDAP calls be made from within the report to obtain this information? I was thinking that in this scenario, we could call LDAP directly.

Is this something we can do?

Thanks for your replies!

Sean Boone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Has anyone found a solution to this question? I am currently searching the web, and this was a direct hit for the question I have, but the responses don't seem to address it.

Thank you!

Doug

wendy_douglass2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am also searching for similar information to be able to filter the data returned by the user's active directory login. Is there a way to determine the user's login when they run the report?

Thanks for any help,

Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can add a parameter in page server command line to trace it. where you can get the information.

Regards,

Neo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regards,

Neo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regards,

Neo