Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puzzle - Anatomy of SAP Signature Design

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Puzzle for you guys:

Match the anatomy of the SAP Signature Design with Picture and you will be the winner ...!

[SAP Signature Design|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/sap-gui?rid=/webcontent/uuid/f0b33a02-8e97-2b10-18a7-8803a86e4dec] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>the new design imitates a porcelain surface held in place by a dark blue-brushed metal clasp.

Or friends from Waldorf seeem to smoke something really strong !

What we need is not poetry, but redesigned ergonomics : at least, resizable windows, no more screens designed for 10 years old 800x600 display devices, and so on...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> What we need is not poetry,

surely you do mean: pottery ...

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Or friends from Waldorf seeem to smoke something really strong !

You know what it is?? I wanna get that too!!

> What we need is not poetry, but redesigned ergonomics : at least, resizable windows, no more screens designed for 10 years old 800x600 display devices, and so on...

Well - we still have a lot of users who downsize their max. resolution to 800 x 600 to make the letters bigger, they prefer to scroll instead of having everything in a window...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

>Well - we still have a lot of users who downsize their max. resolution to 800 x 600 to make the letters >bigger, they prefer to scroll instead of having everything in a window...

Well, that's a good point, but in my opinion, we should have the choice. If I choose to use 1920 x 1080 on my screen, and display the sapgui as full screen, I should be able to fill the screen with SAP data.

That's the way, nearly all Windows apps do work !

We get a lot od complaints from our users because of the lack of ergonomy od SAP R/3 or ECC 6 standard transactions. We have, more and more, to develop BSP web applications as a workaround to this problem. On our production ECC6 system we now consume more HTTP and RFC steps than dialog steps...

I tried the SAP Signature Design as I happen to use SAPGUI 7.0 pl 12. The look is nice but it is just a gadget. We won't even show its existence to our users.

It reminds me about the "Enjoy SAP" Gimmick. Users were already asking for ergonomy and SAP painted the screens from grey to blue....

I do understand that with dynpro/sapgui technology, this problem is very difficult to overcome.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

> poetry

>surely you do mean: pottery ...

God one, Mylene !

Olivier

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Well, that's a good point, but in my opinion, we should have the choice. If I choose to use 1920 x 1080 on my screen, and display the sapgui as full screen, I should be able to fill the screen with SAP data.

> That's the way, nearly all Windows apps do work !

Native Windows applications - yes - I agree. But if you look at websites, you'll see that they are "optimized" for some special screen resolution (mostly 1024 x 768). And we still buy many laptops and netbooks with that max. resolution. Of course, it would be nice to have a choice

> We get a lot od complaints from our users because of the lack of ergonomy od SAP R/3 or ECC 6 standard transactions. We have, more and more, to develop BSP web applications as a workaround to this problem. On our production ECC6 system we now consume more HTTP and RFC steps than dialog steps...

Sounds interesting I'd love to see how you built MD04 or a VA01/VA02/VA03 in BSP/Web - seriously. Our users complain always that the web applications "feel" to slow, a click and you have to wait a second or more, if you need to enter a huge amount of data each day it's just too slow - by design.

> I tried the SAP Signature Design as I happen to use SAPGUI 7.0 pl 12. The look is nice but it is just a gadget. We won't even show its existence to our users.

We did - and the users liked it although it's "just" a theme on top. Most complains came because it's no more possible to change colors and if you work with a dozen systems it's a bit difficult/cumbersome to distinguish between the windows

> It reminds me about the "Enjoy SAP" Gimmick. Users were already asking for ergonomy and SAP painted the screens from grey to blue....

True. Without education/classes nobody is able to enter an order in VA01 correctly

> I do understand that with dynpro/sapgui technology, this problem is very difficult to overcome.

You could use GuiXT

Markus

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just chime in and say that the signature design on CRM 2007 has ability to readjust based on the browser resizing and is designed for 1024x768 minimum screen resolution.

It actually works quite well except that I can't resize individual assignment blocks for height(open or close only). Users can drag and drop most of the screen layout except for "form fields", and export to excel or "printable" view is built in by default. Data entry is fairly fast because it is still ABAP/BSP based Just don't judge the performance upon the first time the application is called.

I think if we could give VA01 makeover using the CRM 2007+ UI as the interface, it would probably be a decent comprise. Users would have to give up the double click for hyperlinks, but in all it does not do too bad. Then again if the users don't get trained, or refuse to learn, it won't matter how nice the UI is. Perhaps we need to turn VA01 into an iphone app. I can just imagine the apple commercial:

"Say you need to create a 20 line order with a complex set of pricing discounts and you are on the road. Yep there's an app for that". (picture of SAPGUI emulator for iphone is shown, follwed by iphone being thrown into brick wall shattering into thousand pieces).

LOL.. you honestly didn't think I suggest a native iphone app specifically for order entry.

Take care,

Stephen

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice -:) That's why you always need to double check before posting something LOL

Greetings,

Blag.