cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Availability Control - Joint Venture Cutback

Former Member
0 Kudos

I work in the oil & gas industry using Joint Venture accounting. We are setting up budget availablity control for projects. In many of the projects, we would be the operator of the project but have partners involved at a certain percentage which is set up in Joint Venture accounting.

At every month end there is a JV cutback program which will send out bills to all the partners involved in the project at whatever percentage they are involved with the projects. This billing is a credit to the projects which reduces the assigned costs of the WBS element which budget availability control uses for comparing to the budget.

Unfortunately the cutback entries against the WBS element use the same cost element as the original postings, so I cannot use the configuration where you can exempt certain cost elements from the budget availability control check (Trans OPTK). I actually saw in this configuration a column for recovery indicator where you could exclude certain recovery indicators which would be perfect, however then I read an OSS note 1103499 stating that this functionality was added by mistake and does not work!

I need to exclude the cutback entries from the availability control check so that the assigned values calculated by SAP does not include the cutback entries, since the budget for the WBS element is the gross approved amount of the project since we are the operator and manage all the costs of the projects. There is a recovery indicator on these cutback postings that I can use to exclude these entries which we have used on certain reports where we want to show all gross costs, not the net.

I have tried looking for a user exit to customize the way assigned costs are calculated but so far haven't found one, the closest one I found seems to be too late after the assigned costs are already calculated.

Does anyone know of any user exists that could be used, or has anyone else had this same requirement they have resolved in any way?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

it's standard behavior of sap that's why. but i suggest you another way to manage this kind of JV cost  just make those wbs as statistical then it will not check the budget while posting JV for specific bills. please test it in development system and let me know if still having issue.

Regards,
Sanjeev

0 Kudos

I am facing the same problem, does anybody find a solution for this/?

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.