Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction in Output on transaction VF03 - Display Billing Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any way to restrict the Output on transaction Display Billing Document, I mean, on transaction VF03 and after you select a Billing document (Document number), go to Billing Document -> Issue Output to. This is because we currently have an Output Selection with two message types and what we need is to restrict one of the message types for a group of persons.

Can this be restricted using authorizations? Is there any way to restrict this?

I made some tests using system trace (ST01) but I couldn't find the way to restrict this.

Can somebody help please?

Best Regards,

Erik Espinosa

3 REPLIES 3

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are these message types? and what exactly you want to do for a particular group of persons?

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message types are invoice forms.

We have implemented an electronic invoice schema in our organization, and now when you want to print an invoice the system gives you two options for printing a document. Each of the options are message types that manage certain values and put them in a print form, so what we want to do is that only managers can access to option1 and the rest of the organization can access option2.

This means that when managers try to print the invoice using option2 the system won't let them. They only will print invoices from option1.

I tried to look for an authorization object in order to try to force the restriction with it, but I couldn't find one.

This objects are called output types and what we need to do is restricting the use of the output types based on values for option1 and option 2 using Z roles.

Regards,

Erik

Edited by: Erik Fernando Espinosa Zambrano on May 16, 2009 9:59 AM

Edited by: Erik Fernando Espinosa Zambrano on May 16, 2009 10:01 AM

Edited by: Erik Fernando Espinosa Zambrano on May 16, 2009 10:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The summary here is how to restrict one output type using SAP authorizations. Is there any way to do this?