cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer-Material Info Record If Sold-To and Ship-To are different in Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

My research of OSS Notes (Note-626931) and this forum all tell me that Customer Material Info Records are based on the Sold-To number in a Sales Order. But my own testing is contradicting this and I want to find out if others have experienced this and what they did.

Here is what I found:

1. I Created a Customer Material Info Record for material (XYZ) for Sold-To Customer(123) and also for Ship-To Customer (456). I then created a standard order entering Customer 123 as Sold-To party and Customer 456 as Ship-To Party and Material XYZ as the material. The System pulled the Customer Material Info Record from the Ship-to.

2. I added a new material (ABC) to the Customer Material Info record for Sold-To Customer (123). I then created a standard order entering Customer 123 as Sold-To party and 456 as Ship-To Party and Material ABC as the material. The System did not pull in ANY customer Material Info Record at all.

I checked to see if USEREXIT_CUST_MATERIAL_READ had been modified to change the way our system looks up these records and it has not been altered.

This leaves me confused as to why things are behaving differently than what all the documentation and posts I can find on the topic. I would appreciate your comments. Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Something you might check -- are the sales org & dist channel for the sold to the same as the sales order which didn't behave as expected? If there's a disconnect there, then things are working properly as those must also match. If no user exit is involved, can't think of other reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for replying. I checked and all are same. We have a rather flat organizartion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the issue. I overlooked a one line include statement in the USEREXIT_CUST_MATERIAL_READ user exit that flips this from Sold-To to Ship-To.