cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reprocessing errors in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From a 3rd party system I want to receive a set of records into XI. By passong all the records (for example: 10 records), I want to call the Inbound Proxy. If some of the records failed (lets say 3 records failed) to post in XI, can I reprocess only those 3 records from XI.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

plz have a look to Naveens weblog: <a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically : How to Re-Process failed XI Messages Automatically</a>. Especially the "table of errors" should give you an answer.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the detailed explanation of the question.

1. 3rd Part sends a packet of 10 sales order records to XI.

2. XI takes all the 10 records and calls a Inbound Proxy in SAP to create sales orders.

3. SAP process 7 records successfully and returns the 3 failed records back to XI.

Now in XI (SXMB_MONI), will I see this as error (because only 3 records has failed) or not? If it shows as error, when I reprocess this, will it sends only the error records to SAP or all of them?

Thanks

Ram

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

<i>Now in XI (SXMB_MONI), will I see this as error (because only 3 records has failed) or not? If it shows as error, when I reprocess this, will it sends only the error records to SAP or all of them?</i>

>>> Error will not be shown in the SXMB_MONI if this error is of type data error. WHat will be the reasons to fail these 3 records ? Is it because of validation? then you can get the response from the R/3 and then you can generate an Audit file stating the error with original data. So that you can reprocess the errored data once again.

If there is any error with Queue etc, then only you can reprocess the file within XI as suggested by other post.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ram,

I assume you are calling BAPI in hte ABAP proxy to created sales order.

If the BAPI goes into error and you have not handled the error then ABAP proxy will go into error.

You will be able to see this error in the SXMB_MONI of the system where proxy is running, not in the XI server.

But if the error occurs when calling the ABAP PROXY then you will see it in XI server.

You can reprocess the messages that have gone into error by correcting the error. But in your case thats the data error you are speaking about. Hence, if you reprocess the errored message then XI is going to send the complete data again.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vijaya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

If your Scenario is File->XI->Proxy

Where do you want to reprocess? If records are failed in the Receiver Side? or Records are failed in the Mapping ?

Pls elaborate on this. And how can you reprocess without changing the data ...Anyway there is no inbuilt mechanism to reprocess(if data error in the file) You need to restart the process with fresh file (only with errored records ). SO you can segregate these error records before sending into Proy. SO that you can reprocess the errored records afterwords.

Hope this helps,

regards,

moorthy