cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Interface not released on Abap proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an abap proxy and I find its status as active but the Service Interface is not released.

It is strange and I receive an error if I try to write a report abap using:

DATA prxy TYPE REF TO zxxx_proxy_interface_ob.

where xxx_proxy_interface_ob is the system interface defined and active in PI environment.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance for your kind support.

Regards,

Giovanni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I consider closed this post

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this thread is officially closed, but I thought the following information would be helpful.

The thread to date suggests that one reason for a Service Interface having a State of 'not released' in the SAP back-end system is that one or more of the Service Interface's proxy objects were not activated. In my case, all my Service Interface's proxy objects were active, but the Service Interface's State was still 'not released'.

After reviewing the Service Interface definition in the ESR, I found that you can set its Released State (the ESR equivalent of the Proxy's State) in change mode by choosing the Properties option (the blue and white 'i' icon) and selecting the desired Released State value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You explicitely have to activate/generate all objects generated by the proxy generation tool.

Maybe there is one object having problems with name resolutions or s.th. like that.

Please check whether alle relevant ABAP objects are really acitvated.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, thanks for the reply.

May you explain me, more exactly, which object must be a ctivate and how can I check it?

At the moment my "Used Objects" are the following (abap name) and in green status.

- zco_proxy_interface_ob1

- zemp_profile_msg

- zmt_emp_profile_msg

Any idea? Thanks in advance for your king help.

Regards,

Giovanni

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giovanni,

HOw did you create the proxy objects?

Did you go to SPROXY and right click on your interface to generate the proxy?

After implementing the necessary methods did you activate all the class related objects?

It is suggested that you open the class in SE24 make a dummy change to one of the methods and try to activate it.

It will show you if there are any other un-activated objects belonging to the class. YOu can active them also.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

following the steps in creating the abap proxy:

1) tcode SPROXY

2) right click on my interface to generate the proxy

When I try out to modify some method of the proxy name class, for example, by double click on "proxy name" corresponding to the tab "Properties", I receive the following error message:

CLAS ZZCO_PROXY_INTERFACE_OB created/changed only when proxy is created.

I am not allowed to do changes.

If I activate the proxy, I come back to my previous status where "State"=not released.

If I try to modify again the proxy, for example the method execute, the system ask me to insert the access key for modifying the system class CL_PRXY_CLIENT.

Any idea?

Thank in advance for your kind support.

Regards,

Giovanni

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

This might be due to cache problem , or your connection to ESR

Check connection to ESR all the RFC connections are properly maintained