cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple clients in GRC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

is it feasible to have multiple clients in ABAP based GRC solutions.We are in the process of building a client strategy for the SAP Landscape and right now we do not have much information on the GRC technicals.Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amos_shi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

About supporting multiple clients, this depends on what component you are using in GRC:

GRC Process Control - ABAP Based - Yes

GRC Risk Management - ABAP Based - Yes

GRC Global Trade Service - ABAP Based - Yes

GRC Access Control - Java Based - No

A good news is that GRC Access Control may use ABAP in future, and after that, All GRC component will support multiple clients.

BR

Amos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The GRC system can connect to the multiple client in the same ABAP system.

Regards,

Sudip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For GRC 5.3 my understanding is that you have to create one dedicated JOC per client .

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Ashley is absolutely right, But it is JCO not JOC. JCO means Java Connector.

Thanks

Sudip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i wished to know if GRC (Access Controller or Process Controller) follows any client concept within itself or to go to the technical levell can i use the tool client copy in GRC and if yes, is it feasible to have multiple clients in GRC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

SAP GRC Access Control is a web based tool and it does not have concept of client. AC 5.X has only one environment or client. That is why if you want to connect to multiple clients of SAP backend system, you have to create separate connectors for each clients.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garg,

The feature you are asking is not there in GRC system.

Regards,

Sudip.

former_member196034
Participant
0 Kudos

When you say GRC what do you mean? Access Controls, Process Controls, Risk Management etc?

Also which version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Acces control and Process Control.....I think Process Control is based on ABAP and so i guess it can have multiple client,but will it be feasible to have more than one client ?