cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport request on production system

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have two systems. One development system and one production system.

I tried to import a released transport from my development system into my production system, but it did not work, since "the object was repaired in this system".

It is because I have some modifiable transports in my production system with the same object (I checked it already in transport connection).

So my question is now... What do I do with the modifiable transports in my production system? I don't understand why I have transports in my production system since I don't know where to transport it.. The changes in my modifiable transports in my production system, will they be erased if I delete the transports? What if I release them?

Right now my production system works fine, and I don't want to change anything except from my changes made in the development system..

What do you suggest?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Morten,

If objects changed in production and have transport request assigned to them, and you want to send the same object from dev the transport from dev to production will fail saying that the objects are changed in target system.

You have to delete the transport from production and then send the transport from dev. The only thing you should know whatever changes has been done in production will be overwritten by dev objects.

Regards,

Kams

0 Kudos

Thanks...

The thing is that I want to overwrite the object in production with my changes in dev.

However, the transport request in production contains many objects which have nothing to do with my changes in dev. For instance, I made changes in an update rule and rutine in dev, but the transport request in production contains the update rule and rutine and also other things such as infopackages and process chains..

I just want to make sure that my changes in the update rule and rutine from dev will not affect any of the other objects in the transport request in production.

What actually happens if I release the transport request in production. Will any changes in my production system be implemented or will the objects in the transport request just become unlocked??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Morten,

The production system is assigned to Transport management system for keeping track of changes. If you are sending only two objects it will only changes those objects nothing else and other objects in production will be unchanged. You should only check if those other changed objects in prod are in sink with the recent two objects from dev to prod.

If you will release the transport that will also work and in this case what ever changes has been done will remain in production until these objects overwritten by new transport. Frankly speaking I never tried releasing request always deleted.

Regards,

Kams

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Release the modifiable requests in the prod system before you can import your requests from DEV but then make sure that the objects are in sync...