Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Possible to Disable DI Security?

Since the DI already allows me to read and write to any table in the database regardless of which B1 user I'm connected as (I was surprised, but pleased with this when I noticed it), I wonder if there's a way to tell it to also ignore security settings when using business objects like the BusinessPartners object. The reason I'm interested in this is because I want to remain connected as the current UI user so that when I create a document for example, the document is recorded as being owned by that user, and not owned by manager (also, I think it's much faster to connect as the UI user than it is to establish a separate connection). But I still want to be able to access objects like Business Partner via normal DI objects (even if the current user doesn't have permission to do so) and not resort to this other method that allows full access, but does not apply business rules.

Is there a standard way for DI-based applications to access DI objects with permissions beyond that of the currently logged-in user, but still be connected as that user so actions are recorded for the appropriate user?

Former Member
replied

That's too bad (I have to admit that I didn't try it - or I don't recall the result when I did months ago).

In this case you will have to implement the behavior you want - just without support through "Additional Authorizations" - in your code...

Sorry, but I would not expect the behavior that bothers you to be changed in the near future, but I will check whether this question has been raised before + whather it is planned to do sth about it.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question