Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last page printed in the back of the previous page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

I've been asked to find a solution to this problem:

In the SD invoice layout, there's a new page with some extra information to customer, that is printed after all the SD invoice is printed. This new page is called in the abap print program by calling a text element in the MAIN window with the NEW-PAGE zzzz command. After some complains about extra paper sheets that will be spent by this new information page, i've been asked to findout if i could print this last page in the back of the previous page using a DUPLEX Printer.

The pages in this SD Layout are constructed this way:

Page NextPage

FIRST NEXT

NEXT NEXT

I've tried several combinations of print mode on the layout pages, but no one prints only the last one on the back. There's always a case where it doesn't work.

I've also tried to use the command /: PRINT-CONTROL SPMTU on the sapscript on the beginning of MAIN window... but it didn't work either.

So... any suggestion ?

Thanks!

Alexandre Pereira

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've never tried this, but it might be worth investigating. Call the sapscript normally for your normal pages, before starting the last page, close the form and reopen with the duplex profile and print last page with notes in the back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've solved it!!

I was using Local SAP printer device...

I've changed to the specific SAP printer of the printer i was using for test... and it works ok!!!

By using T print mode in FIRST and NEXT, and no print mode on the last page, it works fine!!!

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have a duplex printer, ask your basis to make a printer profile that uses that feature, and use that printer profile to print your form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a duplex printer.

But i cannot make only the last page to be on the back of the previous page.

I've tried to put print mode T in the FIRST and NEXT pages, and print mode empty in the LAST page. For instance, if i have an invoice with 3 pages, it prints in duplex mode from the first page.

I also tried to put a blank page, with the blank page not incrementing page count:

FIRST->BLANK

BLANK->NEXT

NEXT->BLANK

It looks somehow fine, but i always have to print something in the BLANK page, otherwise the printer jumps it. And it messes up the page/total pages information in the layout, as the blank pages are counted for the FORMPAGES counting.