cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Master Data transferred from ECC to APO via CIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

I'm connecting SCM 5.1 with ECC 6.0 via CIF.

When activating Integration Model in ECC, the following error occurred;

"Location 0001 of type 1001 (BSG 592BUSGP) already exists in APO"

This is because Location 0001 was already transferred from different ECC client via CIF, and not cleared.

I'm now trying to initialise master data transferred from ECC to APO via CIF, but in vain.

I suppose I have to first delete all master data CIFed from ECC in APO, or have to execute initialisation of APO master data with ECC data in ECC.

Please tell me how to do this.

For details, please read the followings;

-

I connected APO client with ECC client 590.

I transferred Plant and Material Master from ECC to APO via CIF.

After that, I wanted to change ECC client from 590 to the other.

I created the other client (592) by client-copying from 590 with SAP_ALL copy profile.

I deactivated Integration Model in ECC 590, and activated the same in ECC 592.

Here, I faced the problem.

The initial data transfer failed due to the duplicate of data.

Now I'm wondering how I can initialise master data in APO and transfer initial data from ECC.

Due to testing purposes, I have to change ECC clients from one to the other this time, but I cannot initialise master data in APO and cannot tansfer initial data from different ECC client.

-

thanks in advance,

Hozy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hozy,

If you deactivate the location from active model of SCM 5.1 which is transfeered from the other client which you don't required, goto /sapapo/loc3 transaction, and remove it from assigned model. Subsequently, deactivate the integration model using CFM2 in that ECC client which you dont want transfer.

Please let me know your observations

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem: ECC system(Old) was replaced/upgraded to a new ECC System(New). New is a copy of Old. How to CIF materials from New to APO ?

Suggestion:

Step 1: Delete the connections from Old to APO

Step 2: Maintain CIF Configuration between New and APO

Step 3: In APO, Goto SPRO --> Integration with SAP Components --> Integration via APO Core Interface (CIF) --> Basic settings for creating system landscape --> Assign Logical System and Queue Type, Delete the row containing Old (Logical System) and add a new row with Old BSG but New in the Logical System.

Step 4: Maintain all Integration Models in New

Step 5: CIF data from New.

Please suggest your thoughts on this. I didn't try this, but would like to know how this is to be resolved in Production environments.

Thanks,

Tej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to do a system copy of our production system in which we want to keep on configuration only & delete all data & then connect it to new ECC system which will become the source.

Is there any way we can achieve this so that we have got configuration only & no data in our Prod copy.

Regards

ajay sehgal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you very much indeed for lots of your replies.

Thanks to all of your advices, I'm getting to understand what to do.

Well, I'll say I have to create one more client for testing with other ECC clients or I have to rebuild the client by client-copying from 001 and implementing all transportation requests, for marking del flags to each master data and running del programme sound like tough work, and sound like odd ..

Then, I've got next issue here.

In SCM-APO, I use BI objects, and , if I have to create several clients for testing, I have to set up clients where you can use both BI objects and CIFed master data.

I suppose I have to change 'BWMANDT' in RSADMINA and make RSA1 accessable in other SCM clients and implement tests.

Also, I have to register BI System for newly created SCM clients in RSA1-SourceSystem.

Well, if you have any experiences on this kind of use, and if you have any advice on it, please give me any tips.

Particulary, I'd appreciate very much if you give me advice on which way you have chosen; creating several clients or rebuilding the one client in SCM-APO when you use both BI objects, CIFed master data and Demand Planning.

Thanks in advance.

Hozy

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

You will always face this problem when you do a client copy of ECC. The reason is, there is a 'stain' of old client on the master data transferred. You will also find the problem when you try to transfer PPMs.

(you can see this stain in the external capacity tab of resource master but not in location master).

There is a report with which you can remove this client information from the earlier master data. I don't remember the report.

May be you can raise message to SAP and get this report from them. I will give it if I am able to locate the same.

Otherwise you will have to delete transaction data and then master data in reverse sequence and reCIF the data. This is a painful exercise and sometimes you may not be able to do it completely.

Regards

Nitin Thatte

Edited by: Nitin Thatte on May 19, 2009 7:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am facing a similar problem here. My client is using SCM 4.1 while my R/3 system is being upgraded from 4.7 to ECC 6.0. Currently we are testing the same in Development environment. I get the same message when I do an initial transfer of locations: Location XXXX of type 1001 (BSG ABCDEF) is already present in APO.

Now what I dont understand on this forum is why are we talking about deleting all master data in APO. This is not something we'd do in production right? In production what we want is once the R/3 is upgraded CIF should identify old locations with the same BSG and continue to work normailly.

Please share your experiance if you have seen a similar issue.

Regards,

Shiva

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From what I understand the root cause of your problem is location type has changed.

There is a short-cut. Check the entry in /SAPAPO/LOCMAP table for the location

Run report /SAPAPO/CHECK_LOCATION_TYPE to switch the location type directly.

then you should be able to continue CIF transfer of master data for this location.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hozy,

Some of the other tools for clearing out master data collectively are

1) using Supply chain cockpit (SCC02 transaction)

2) MASS transaction

3) MASSD transaction

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you deactivate the CIF interface between the ECC and SCM system.

Delete all the transaction data using transactions like /sapapo/rlcdel and programs like /sapapo/delete_pp_order, basically delete all the transaction data.

Delete all the dependent master data like Transportation lane, quota. PPM.

After deletion of all the dependent master and transaction data using MASSD transaction you can set the deletion flag for all the product location.

After the deletion flag is set use the program /SAPAPO/DELETE_PRODUCTS to delete all the product location for which deletion flag is set.

If you are using the system just for testing purpose and you dont require the old data it would be a good option to create a new client in SCM and link it to the new ECC client as suggested in the forum.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for your advice.

I checked the Tr-Cd: /sapapo/loc3, and found I could mark delete flag to locations one by one.

However, I had to delete loads of locations, and found it hard to delete one by one...

Is there any function that I can delete all location master or production master at once?

I have to clear all master data each time when I change ECC clients, and clearing location / production master one by one everytime seems impossible..

Well, how do you implement SCM APO testing when you have to change ECC clients?

I suppose everyone face this issue when changing ECC clients and activating Integration Models.

Thanks and Regards,

Hozy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hozy,

Let me first say that I am not Basis. I don't know how other people handle using a single SCM with multiple R/3 clients as tests, I have never seen it done. I suppose you could create a new empty (no master or transactional data) SCM client each time, and then re-fill it with data from the new R/3 client. Sounds like a lot of work to me.....

WUF transaction is handy for deleting large amounts of master data in SCM. You should be aware, though, that SCM won't let you delete most master data if there is any transactional data relevant for that master data. You generally have to delete the transactional data first.

When I have had to 'empty' and repopulate a fully loaded SCM system manually, of all master and transactional data, it usually takes me about 3 days. If you discover that 'magic' program, please let me know.

Rgds,

DB49