Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRFplus custom development

j_r1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Previously we were using BRF (sap gui version).

After extensive investigation we were able to create our own expressions ( implementing and maintenance classes). Also we were able to trigger our custom BRF events from where ever we wanted in a program.

Now we are investigating the BRFplus and we would like to do the same !

Can someone help us out, because I don't find out how to create our own expression and how to trigger a function !

Tx for any ideas,

JREV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

You also can extend BRFplus with your custom expression and action types. However, we did not yet publish a guide how to do it.

For the time being you may continue with BRF. We will provide a migration tool so that a migration from BRF to BRFplus is supported. Maybe there is much less work for creation of custom expression types due to the bigger capabilities of BRFplus. The migration tool is provided in a first version with NW 700 EHP2.

BR,

Carsten

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

j_r1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Carsten, Tx for the info.

We are looking forward too the howto-guides for BRFplus dev. because we need it urgently.

Kind regards,

Jan

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JREV,

do you know the BRFplus [Knowledge Center|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/90754865-f283-2b10-6d9f-b10f3c28c3a0] [original link is broken];?

I assume you are in NW 700 EHP1, right?

There are quite some limitations. I described this in one of my blogs. This year NW 700 EHP2 will be out. I assume, in some weeks there will be a trial version of NW 700 EHP2 available to download in SDN.

I strongly recommend to use this and not the EHP1 version. The new release comes with many simplifications and improvements.

BR,

Carsten

j_r1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

Tx for your quick reply.

Yes, I know the BRFplus Knowledge Center, I already went through all info, also checked your blogs.

We implemented BRF but we would like to use BRFplus ... IF we can implement it with the same functionality we have for the moment with BRF.

This is a very important project for us and SAP BE ! We will implement SAP CRM 7.0, we are in ramp-up.

Do I understand it correctly that for the moment it is not possible yet to do custom development in BRFplus ? All info is very welcome.

Could it be helpfull for us to log an OSS message concerning BRFplus ?

Tx,

Jan

__System Info:__

SAP_ABA 701 0002 SAPKA70102

SAP_BASIS 701 0002 SAPKB70102

PI_BASIS 701 0002 SAPK-70102INPIBASIS

ST-PI 2005_1_700 0006 SAPKITLQI6

SAP_BS_FND 701 0001 SAPK-70101INSAPBSFND

SAP_BW 701 0002 SAPKW70102

SAP_AP 700 0013 SAPKNA7013

WEBCUIF 700 0001 SAPK-70001INWEBCUIF