Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returnable Packaging to different ship-to parties

javed_ihsan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I need help in one of my following scenario. I will explain the process below:

Customer 123 with ship to party 123 places an order with product codes A12, B12 and a returnable packaging product with code Z12. All these products are delivered by another distributor say 456. The returnable packaging will be returned to our company by the distributor 456. Now I want that while creating order for customer 123, product codes A12, B12 will have normal item category TAN and ship-to party as 123 while product code Z12 will have item category TAL and ship-to as 456, which means I will have different ship-to parties at item level in sales order.

Now my understanding is system will create two different delivery documents one for normal products (A12 & B12) and other for product Z12. Also when I see returnable packaging stock for product code Z12, system will be showing it against customer 456. Correct?

Secondly when the distributor 456 returns the product Z12 then I has to create returnable packaging pickup order (order type LAN) for customer 456 so that stock comes back to my own stock? Is this possible and If not how can I do this?

Thanks

Javed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Can you provide more clarity on the process.

As per my understanding, all the products(including the packaging material) are supplied by 456, who is a distributor to one ship-to 123. So i do not see a reason why you are treating him as a Ship to for the Z12 material alone. I would suggest you to treat him as another partner as distributor for the whole SO. Because the ship to is the same for all materials.

When Z12 is being returned you may create a separate Returns order for the same.

I am not sure if i understood your reqmt correctly, so request you to provide more info.

Regards,

Mani

javed_ihsan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

Thanks for your reply. In my scenario the distributor 456 is setup as another partner for customer code 123 to show him as distributor. So if an order is created for 123 in our system then it will show sold-to/ship-to both as 123 and 456 as another partner 456 for all the products in the sales order. What I want is that when an order is created for customer code 123 with product codes A12, B12 and a returnable packaging product with code Z12 then ship to for products A12, B12 should be 123 while ship-to for product code Z12 should be 456. The reason is that the end customer 123 returns the returnable to the distributor 456 who finally returns it to us.

Regards

Javed