SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering budget data on different levels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have a question concerning posting budget data on different levels in BCS. In Former Budgeting there was an automatic check for budget entry which was not allowing greater amounts on lower level commitment items than on higher levels.

Now with BCS there is not a hierarchical structure when entering budget data so you can enter a greater amount on subordinate commitment items than on superior ones.

Do you have an idea if the budget entered on the lowest level can be totaled up automatically to the higher levels of the hierarchy or consistency checks should be defined in order to control budget amounts on the different levels???

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

sappsm

3 REPLIES 3

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAPPSM,

In the Budget Control System (BCS) there exists no hierarchical budget structure which would take into account some funds center hierarchy, for example.

This was standard function in Former (or Classical) Budgeting, but is not available in BCS only from EhP 603 on, you will be able to have multi-level budget structure but still in development phase.

As a consequence, when you enter budget, budget values are only created at the level of budget entry (for example, at the 3rd level). Furthermore, BCS does not provide functions like "Distribute budget"

or "Total up budget".

However, you can "simulate" a totalling up of budget values via reporting. For example, for Report Writer reports like FMRP_RW_BUDGET you can use funds center groups (FM menu, Master Data, Funds Center), created by transaction FM_SETS_FICTR1. You can use such funds center groups with the Report Writer reports, which then automatically sum up the budget values according to the funds center group.

BCS is a complete system with more possibilities than FB and you will be able to define strategy derivation for controling budget or posting address according to business process. Please check the documentation available in help.sap.com and in BCS node from SPRO configuration.

I hope I could help you

Kind Regards,

Vanessa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Vanessa,

your answer was helpful. I saw that Enhancement package 4 and the feature Multi-level budget

structure and it sounds like it's kind of like the Former budgeting hierarchical budgeting.

Do you have any idea by when it'll be developed or has it already been developed?

Thanks and have a good day!

Best regards,

Toni

0 Kudos

Hi Toni,

I can see some notes that are in Pilot Status related to this matter, so it is not only planned but under construction. It is difficult to give you a date but I think that until the end of this year these notes will be finished.

Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,

Vanessa.