cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added new page to existing scripts , does not shows in print preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to add a new page to the existing scripts . Currently the scripts has 2 pages.

In the first page we are printing item details and instructions, in second page some other information is being printed.

Our new requirement is to remove the instructions window and move it to a new page ie to the newly created page. I had created a new page, and copied the instructipns window from page 1 and pasted into new page.

I am not able to view the new page in print preview. I had checked all the settings and all seems to right.

Please guide me,

Thanks in advance.

Vengal Rao.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is solved using the control form statement and also some changes to the driver program was done by debugging the script ,for adding a displaying a new page.

Thanks ,

Vengalrao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure that you changed the NEXT PAGE attribute for FIRST PAGE to NEW PAGE. Also change the NEXT PAGE attribute for the new page to required page.

Then it will work.

Thanks,

Jyothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the page attributes button and assign the sequence, initialize the counter.

Try to debug the script you will find out what the problem is.

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I had checked the page attributes section and even the page assigment also. Everything is ok.

You know that debugging the scripts is a tedious job. Currently I am looking into it.

Thanks

Vengal Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your preview did you try to goto the next page by clicking the icon on your standard tool bar.

Many a times we keep on making such simple mistakes. Just reminding.

Otherwise u need to debug.

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you triggering the new-page after displaying the line-items of the main window..

cos when we trigger the new page in the main window by using the condition..

&NEXT_PAGE& = '0'.

it doesn't trigger the new-page. It is because the main window doesn't get the value of the NEXT-PAGE..

If we define the condition in the variable window only it will get the value but variable window cannot trigger the new-page.

So, we need to use the FM CONTROL_FORM in the driver program.. after the WRITE_FORM

providing the command 'NEW_PAGE <pagename>'.

Try it this way it will definitely work.

Thanks&Regards

Sarves

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarves,

I am working on the suggestion. I shall let you know the outcome.

Thanks,

Vengal Rao.