cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS - MAM Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I'm hoping you could help me resolve a problem I'm having.

I have imported the MAM25 Eclipse version of MAM into NWDS, exported it, and ran the application successfully.

My problem is as follows:

I would like to make a modification to the equipment list, and add a new field. Referencing the Enhancement Guide, the first step is to create my version of the ListDef.xml file. I double clicked the ListDef.xml file to just check the source code. When I did this, NWDS did a compile on the file and found a bunch of errors. Here is one example:

The content of element type "data" must match "(type,instanceOf?)". ListDef.xml MAM25/app-root/WEB-INF line 1403

I haven't even made a change yet, and it seems the core program delievered from SAP has errors.

Can someone please explain why this is occuring?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

-if you want add a new field into a syncbo wath you send to was,

you must modify your syncbo in was layer, generate and activate, export it the meRepMeta.xml and load meRepMeta.xml into your webapp. redeploy your webapp and test the new field.

-only if you want add a field in syncbo what you dont' sendo to was, you can modify locally your merepMeta.xml.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is the same problem which I am encountering. Please someone help on this matter.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raul,

these XML Errors can just be ignored, they will not influence your application in any way!

Rgds Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eliana,

I do not need to add a new field into a syncbo.

The field 'TIDNR' already exists in syncbo MAM25_31, and I just need to add it to my screen as a column on equipment list.

As I mentioned above, when I open the ListDef.xml file without even making changes, it gives me an error log. When you open the ListDef.xml file, do you get errors?