Did you mean: 

Sales Org and Plant relationship

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

I have one doubt . See the example below

Co Code 1000 > Sales Org 1000 >Plant 1001

plant 1002

Co Code 1100 > Sales Org 1100 > Now here can I assign Plant 1001.

Is this Possible ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend

Plant to company code assignment is different from plant to sales org assignment

Plants are uniquely assigned to company codes

Say Plant 1001 will be assigned to company code 1000 and it plant 1001 cannot be assigned at the same time to company code 1100

Plant to sales org assignment is different and the relation ship is many to many

company code 1000 sales org is 1000 note this plant 1000 assigned to company code 1000

company code 2000 sales org is 2000

company code 3000 sales org is 3000

Note now the plant 1000 can be used as delivering plant for sales org is 2000 & sales org is 3000

This is called intercompany process

To be very precise plant is not linked to sales org but it is linked to the combination of sales org + distribution channel and that is called as distribution chain.

Note 1.The plant to company code assignment is different

2. The sales org to company code assignment is different

3. Plant to (sales org + DC assignmnet) is different

The first two assignments are unique and the third one is not unique

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on May 15, 2009 3:58 PM

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

But you think from other angle .. When I do transaction from Plant 1000 it will reflect into accounts of Co code 1000 only if Other Co code and Sales Org Use this plant as a delivering plant then sales will be booked in accounts of which Co code ?

Got the point

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For this qn answer is provided already

This company code will invoice that company code for the materials supplied and it is called intercompany sales or transactions

In standard SAP it is possible and this a business requiement also which SAP has addressed in standard

For such sales or transactions intercompany billing will happen

Say there are 2 company codes 1000 and 2000 and sales or 1000 assigned to CC1000 and sales org 2000 assigned to CC2000 there is one plant say 1000 assigned to CC 1000

Now for ann order which has come in sales org 2000 in CC2000 the plant 1000 can supply

For such supplies CC1000 will bill CC2000

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Accounting entry will be posted to the company code to which plant is assigned. In turn the Sales organization of 1000 CCode will raise invoice to Second company code.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

Yes,it is possible.You can assign one palnt in multiple sales organisations.Similarly one Sales organisation can also have multile plants.

It is many to many relationship.

Pls check SD organisational structure.

Regards,

Krishna.

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

But as two companies are two different legal entities how they can use one plant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have my views, I think Plant is never assigned to Sales Organization directly. It is the Combination of Sales organization AND Distribution channel to which plant is assigned.

And as per the standard SAP Enterprise structure a Plant is assigned to One Company code only.

Correct me if i am wrongg,

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Bhusan, As i said , Plant is assigned to Only One Company Code. Please read the previous answer of mine.

Thanks,

Raja

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

But as per ur opinion in case of inter co STO u mean that one plant can be assigned to different co codes through Sales org and DC combination .

It again bit confusing as we know Plant is unique for co code . Then how it can assigned as u said to different co code indirectly via Sales Org + DC Combination

Pls explain

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will explain u by example of TATA.

Tata has different companies and different products.

Also because of this they have different company codes.

Now say one CCode is TATA :- Tata Steel, and Second CCode is TMOT : Tata Motors.

TATA CCode has Sales org TATA and Say DC as DR and Plant As PUNE

TMOT CCode has Sales org TMOT and Say DC as DR.

Now if TMOT wants some product directly from plant PUNE, So how it will take? As TATA is umbrella brand and can transfer different product between different companies. So SAP has given provision for the assignment of SAles org + Distribution channel combination to be assigned with the Plant.

Now here TMOT + DR --> PUNE

Now TMOT can use that plant PUNE as intercompany plant for different posting.

For much details about this u can refer any site.

Hope it make some sense to you,.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

Plant can be assigned to only one company code and many sales organizations/ DC combination

co.code Plant Sales org

1000 Plan1 SO1

2000 Plan 2 SO2

In the above case, you can assign Plan 1 to SO2(Sales org), this is needed to process intercompany sales.

Salse order is going to be created on SO2, where we need to maintain plant as Plan 1, in the delivery and in the costomer invoice we are going to find SO2 only.

In intercompany billing Sales org is going to be SO1, customer is going to be SO2.

Therefore even though we assigned Plant: Plan 1 to sales org SO2 which belongs to company code 2000.

through intercompany billing we are making FI entries of Plant transactions to sales organization which belongs to plant company code.

Hope this is clear, or you can come back.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhusan,

A Plant can be assigned directly only to ONE company code and MANY Sales org + DC combinaion

As the plant 1001 is already assigned to 1000 company code then u cant assign it to 1100.

But of you want to do intercompany STO or u want that plant 1001 can be used by Sales organnization of second company then u can assign the combination of SALES ORG + Distribution Channel of 2nd Company code to the Plant 1001.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sales Org to Plant relation is MANY to MANY. But Plant and company Code its One to One.

Edited by: Yadav on May 15, 2009 12:07 PM