cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using radio button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Pls help me with step by step procedure to be followed to make use of radio button group by index.

Regards

Sharanya.R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sharanya,

Step by step procedure to use radiobuttongroupbyindex

1. In the Layout. insert a radiobuttongroupbyindex child.

2. bind its selected key to the model attribute

3. that's it it is ready to use.

Regards

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Radio button Help

Definition

UI element RadioButtonGroupByIndex groups a number of radio buttons in a single table. Unlike UI element CheckBoxGroup, this UI element allows user to select one element only.

Description of UI Element Properties

· accessiblityDescription

When accessibility is activated, the assigned text is added to the quick info. This description provides semantic details of the UI element and is only read by the screen reader if the user focuses the complete Ul element.

· colCount

Specifies the number of columns in which the radio button UI elements are displayed.

· readOnly

Specifies whether or not the user can select a radio button within the radio button group.

· selectionChangeBehaviour

Property selectionChangeBehaviour can take the following values and is represented by t enumeration type TextDirection.

· auto

· Specifies that the UI element automatically changes the lead selection after an interaction by the user before the corresponding event is triggered.

· manual

· Specifies that the UI element does not change the lead selection after an interaction by the user but triggers the corresponding event. In this case, the event handler must change the lead selection to enable the UI element to display the data. This setting allows you to check changes made to the lead selection.

· state

Describes the state of the UI element.

Property state can take the following values and is represented by enumeration type WDState.

normal

Describes the default state of the UI element.

required

Specifies whether the entered value is required.

Data Binding

The context must provide a context node X that can contain 0 to n elements (X.cardinality=0..n). The context node must contain a context attribute y that is of a simple type and provides the texts for the radio buttons. For data binding, property texts is bound to attribute y. Each node element represents a radio button. The selected index is specified by the lead selection of the node X. For further information, see Data Binding of a Dropdown List Box and Radio Button Group and Code Examples of Data Binding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have placed a radiobutton group by index UI element.Now based on the option selected I need to display a message for the end user.First How can I bind this UI element.If I select the UI element the grouped radiobuttons are selected.How individual values can be assigned for each of them.

Regards

Sharanya

Edited by: Sharanya.R on May 15, 2009 11:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of radiobuttonGroupByIndex you can simply have a radioButtonGroupByKey element.

Bind the selectedKey property to the context attribute say var.

Create a dictionary element say vartype with the values u required.

Declare the type of var as vartype.

Each parameter value in the dictionary element will be bind to one radio button in the RadiobuttonGroup.