cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guidelines For Node/Attributes Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is there any standard guidelines available that i can follow on how i should create nodes/when should i use a particular cardinality/when do i require to create a node, when should i create an attribute directly.

Assume the screen design is complex with multiple UI elements.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yogesh,

Following are my answers based on the work I have done till the date.

how i should create nodes?

Ans: I did not get your question properly. But I assume that you are trying to ask 'What is the general procdeure for creating node'.

a) as much as possible Node creation should be in Component Controller and used in other places

b) Only the nodes required by other components should be exposed via Component Interface controller

when should i use a particular cardinality

Ans: Cardinality indicates number of rows having possible values: 0-1, 1-1, 0-n, 1-n. Based on the following requirements corresponding cardinality has to be used

i) No guarantee of existence of row, but maximum one row can exist : 0-1

ii) Guarantee of existence of row and maximum one row can exist : 1-1

iii)No guarantee of existence of row, but more than one row can exist : 0-n

iv) Guarantee of existence of row and more than one row can exist : 1-n

when do i require to create a node

Ans: If records of more than one row exist or number of info belongs to one entity, then all attrbiutes need to be grouped into node

when should i create an attribute directly

Ans: For example If there is need of variable to be shared across views, then attribute can be created directly under root node.

Regards,

Ganga

birojpatro
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

The Screen design is complex. Hence some inputs on nodes/attributes are,

1. Create Nodes -> If you have Tables on Screen.

2. Attributes -> For screen elements.

I would rather look at the screen design and the Backend RFC Export Params/ Tables design and then try working on context nodes and attributes. One more point to note: You need to look at your Application design (Components/ Views etc.) and Data Flow also.

This approach will definitely help you to take ride....

Here is a helpful Link,

[Link to Tutorials|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/49f2ea90-0201-0010-ce8e-de18b94aee2d]

Good Luck!!!

Biroj Patro.

Edited by: Biroj Patro on May 15, 2009 11:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Biraj Patro,

Thanks a ton for your quick reply. I really appreciate it. On your reply

"I would rather look at the screen design and the Backend RFC Export Params/ Tables design and then try working on context nodes and attributes. One more point to note: You need to look at your Application design (Components/ Views etc.) and Data Flow also."

What things can i look into this particularly. What things do i need to take care when considering above points.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any document/link available which gives me naming conventions with regards to context variables/nodes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through this link to know about the naming conventions for context nodes/attributes.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/e4/d7fb402eb5f76fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

Gayathri.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.