cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent trace file to server but can't find it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

I have sent a trace file from a mobile device to the server in the development environment and had no trouble viewing the trace file on the server.

However when I tried this on the production system the file doesn't reach the server. Anyone know what may have gone wrong? A setting or permission that's incorrectly set perhaps?

regards,

Mark.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mark,

AFAIK, in MI 2.5 (this was the version you mentioned in your earlier post) there is no setting or configuration that controls the viewing of trace file on the server. But on the client you can configure the trace. You can enable the trace and also set the trace level. By default, trace is enabled at level ERROR. Hence if there are no errors logged in the trace file, then sending the same to the server will have no entries in the server. Can you ensure that the trace is enabled and there are entries in the trace file

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

thanks for the quick reply. It is MI 2.5 I'm using.

Done a quick test and changed the log level on a device to all and made sure there was some new output in the log file and sent it back to the server but it still doesn't register an entry in the client traces on the server. Will it only produce an entry if there is an error in the log file?

Any further suggestions would be gratefully appreciated,

regards,

Mark.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I'm assuming that you are using NW Mobile 7.10. Maybe you can check the following,

1. Are all the Data Objects in SWCV SAP BASIS generated and showing green status in the workbench?

2. Do you see any device queues in sysfail state in tcode SMQ2?

3. Were you able to sync the application data from the client to middleware successfully and you are able to see the data in the backend and middleware?

Best regards,

Vinodh