Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert unv files from BO ver 6.5 to XI 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

i would like to asked related about the connection from oracle to BO

in my case,there is an existing finance application in oracle database that intergrated to BO ver 6.5,

and i want to develop finance consolidation report that are connected from oracle database to newer ver of

BO XI 3.0 using the same universe file (.unv)

could you please give me the step by step ways how to export the universe file(.unv) from BO ver 6.5 to the repository BO ver 6.5 it self, than move the file(.unv) to repository BO ver Xi 3.0 so i can import the .unv file and used the universe file from BO ver 6.5 to BO XI 3.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hitomi_takano
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The easiest import would be to import the unvierse along with the reports which are based on the unvierse from BO6.5 repository to BO XI R3 using import wizard

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

am going to import the repository from 6.5 to XI 3.0, and when i click drop down menu BOE 6.5 on source, the form asked me for filled user name, password, and domain key file.

anyone knows what is domain key files?, and how i supposed to create domain key files in BO 6.5?

thx for your respond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The domain key file is a .key file you created for the repository in your source environment.

You can access this .key file as below for 6.x:

$INSTALLDIR\nodes\<nodename>\<clustername>\locdata

Thanks,

SK.