cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS and SAP Solution Manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is Change Management Service (CMS) integrated with SAP Solution Manager such that we can use the Solution Manager to move XI transports? My current understanding is that TMS is integrated with Solution Manager such that we can manage ABAP transports through the Solution Manager. Just wondering if we can also use Solution Manager for XI transports. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Moorthy, I gotta tell you, you are always looking out to help. I looked at this blog. Below is an excerpt from this blog.

"Change Request Management (CHARM) is indeed present in both v3.2 and 4.0 of the SAP Solution Manager. Both releases only handle ABAP transports (workbench and customizing) at the present time. Under development is the additional functionality for Java changes."

Though the question was specific to CMS, but the response speaks to Java changes which to me doesn't neccessarily mean XI transports. So I am not sure. Any thoughts?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought given blog will explain you clearly.

Currently , Solution Manager is not supporting any Java Related Objects to Transport(CMS). Only it supports ABAP Objects. But probably it will come with nw2004s pack. And it was told that there will be a package called JSPM (Java Support Pack Manager) in nw2004s.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Moorthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amjad,

Is this mean that we need CMS to have the XI objects transport? Did you find a way where we can transport the XI objects using Solution manager? Please help me with this. We are thinking of installing CMS on XI J2EE server to tranport the XI objects. Not sure if we can use Solution manager for this purpose.

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this mean that we need CMS to have the XI objects transport?

There are two ways to transport XI objects: (1) Import/Export; (2)CMS.

Reference: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Did you find a way where we can transport the XI objects using Solution manager?

Solution Manager can not transport XI objects.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amjad,

Thanks for reply. I know that we need CMS to transport the XI objects (other solution is not very popular). I have read in the below thread that we could install CMS with SOLMAN 4.0. I thought you might have tried any of these solutions.

Thanks

Kalyan

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check this blog-

/people/evan.stoddard/blog/2006/01/03/sap-solution-manager-new-info-blog

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy