Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding transporting deletion of roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I delete a role in dev, in order to make the deletion effective across the landscape I need to put it in a transport request.

If I don't do that, and instead create a new role in dev by the same name as the one that was deleted, and then I transport this new role, will the new role overwrite the old one in the quality and production systems?

Or am I first required to transport the deletion, and then transport the newly created role ( by the same name)?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd think it will be overwritten. But then again, I'd just try it

6 REPLIES 6

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd think it will be overwritten. But then again, I'd just try it

0 Kudos

I too agree with Jurjen,the role will be overwritten.

Peeyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would get overwritten..but I suggest transporting the deletion and then transporting the new role will be a good option in order to avoid any unexpected inconsistensies.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

This is little critical and tricky but you know whenever u do any modifcation with the role like deleting a role or creating a role the best pratice is to put in the transport request so that this request can be transported throughout the landscape .........

As per u r question dear u have created role in the development that role is already their in prd system with profile attached to it if u delete in dev and try to create the role with same name in dev again that role might not be deleted till u transport the new role frm dev to prd but their might be inconsisentcy with the new role which u have created as their might be cofusion with the two profiles the new profile and the old profile in prd server if u send the delete transport request frm dev to prd for the role which was their in the prd server the old role and profile will be lost so when u create a new role and transport it frm dev to prd their might be no inconsistency between the old profile and new profile,,,,,,,,,,,,,

takecare

0 Kudos

> As per u r question

Could you please use the normal amount of letters for English words? These abbreviations are often referred to as text speak which is against forum rules. Some punctuation is missing as well.

We like to keep all posts readable for everyone.

Thanks

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Hi farook,

Can you please use punctuation whatever and wherever is applicable? I really appreciate your answer. The concept of role and profile should be taken into account before answering this question and you did it.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Edited by: Dipanjan Sanpui on May 17, 2009 3:10 PM