cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document splitting: Items for clearing not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created bank gl without tick of open item management now i have activate OIM & Transcation exisit for the same

I have done it as given below:

1) I have made GL balance Zero by posting an additional entry by F-02 (document type SA)

2) Block the GL for posting

3) though help of programe RFSEPA02 i have done the same.

Now the GL is OIM

Now i have to reverse the additonal entry pass to make GL balance zero

At the time of reverse through FB08 system gives an error massage

*" Document splitting: Items for clearing not found"*

Please any one help to resolve the issue

Thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

I believe there are two things involved in this scenario.

1. Document splitting

2. Open item managment

Please check the following. This should resolve your issue.

Basically you have posted the adjustment document to make the balance zero (before making the changes to GL) when the document splitting was not active.

Now you wanted to reverse the entry. However, now the system is having the document splitting activated for the company code and while you are trying to post the reverse entry. System is looking for posting document splitting characteristics profit center/segment/business area based on your original document and it is not finding the same (As no document splitting was activated).

What to do?: Check your adjustment entry in FB03 GL view and see if document splitting items were updated. My gut feeling is that they were not.

Now if you want to reverse it in FB08, de-activate document splitting for a min and reverse document in FB08 and you will be able to successfully reverse it. But it can create similar issue in future because  of Open item management.

Hence, I suggest to post a manual reversal of it in FBR2. So that you do not have to de-activate document splitting or any issues with reversal will not arise again.

Thanks,

Siva Cheruvu

muhammad_hussain
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am facing same issue. do you have any solution?

gladys_xing
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

I think It is impossible to reverse the additonal document which was created for making GL balance zero.

after the balance for this G/L account is balance to zero, and the OIM flag was ticked for this account as well, you should re-post document to this account.

Hope the above suggestion can help you to solve this issue.

Best Regards,

Gladys xing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gladys xing

Thanks for your reply,

I have also done the same thing by passing one more entry to create the same balance.

When i am trying to clear open item for the both the extra entry system gives an same error

"Re: Document splitting: Items for clearing not found"

is this possible to clear that open item through F-03

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eventhough you have made the GL as OIM, the system is not able to find out the corresponding entry for clearing the document as the entries you have in the OIM could have been the same you were having the GL was not in OIM.

Please check the document which you are trying to reverse. Please check the document line items and see whether it is proper for the system to knock off.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SPRO Go to Finacial>Business transaction>Define Zero-Balance Clearing Account where clearing accoun to be defined , Pls check

or

you can try this in F-03 also

Reg

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

both the documents are in open items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Currently, I am facing the same issue. Have you gotten a solution for this? Please share with me if you have. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii,

GO to SPRO

Financial Accounting>General Ledger Accounting>Business Transaction>Classify GL account for Document Spliting

In that check the GL account is assigned / Not

Reg

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Umesh

Thanks for reply

Yes the GL has assign with cat type 04000

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Ok

Go to Define Zero-Balance Clearing Account where clearing accoun to be defined , Pls check

Reg

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Umesh

Yes GL is assing for Zero balance

FA /GL (new) / BT / Document Splitting/ Define Zero balance clearing

Thanks

Vijay