cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delimiting positions and org units.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

can u tell me that we are checking what IDs are similar in HR and SRM and want to Delimit the the similar position and org object IDs .

Can u tell me how to Delimit , delete these.

Kind Regards,

Shruti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use Simple maintainence

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u tell me exact steps.

1) if i have to delimit the one by one position and org unit

2)if i have to delimit bulk of position and org units at time.

3)how can i reach change staff assignment screen.

4) i am also concerned that the relationships and infotypes must not get delimited so what method must be safe.

5)if possible send me screen shots.

Shruti

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check

RHGRENZ4 for Change of End date

RHBEDGDA0 for start date

beter go for LSMW or BDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sikinder ,

I want to know what method my positions and org units relationship and infotypes will also be delimited and by which method not.

What will happen with BDC and LSMW.

Which method must i follow.

Can u pls send me exact steps dear.

Regards,

Shruti

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

beri ok

but first practice it and than go for real scenarios ok

Edited by: Sikindar on May 15, 2009 3:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run following reports and you can also delete relationships within this report execution.

Reports: RHRHDL00 or RHRHDC00.

This report may suffice your requirement.

On the selection screen, inside - 'Set structure conditions' you can select to delete relations as well.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

Dhiraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matha Beri,

First did you read HR505 book, if yes then check excercises each chapter. thats the good practice.

If you don't know LSMW then go fo BDC with abaper help with the tcode pp01

Former Member
0 Kudos

send me book dear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tell me what method will not delete or delimit the relationships and the infotypes.

Actually i prepared the excell sheet of the position and org ids which are to be delimited can u tell me step wise now how to use report and where to use LSMW or BDC. What is difference between both.

See pls explain me step wise like ABCD how must i move.

regards,

shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Positions:

1) Use Tcode PO13

2) Enter Position number and press enter

3) Select object infotype 1000 in the list of infotypes below

4) Press shift+F1

5) On the next screen the from date to the date from where delimit is eeffective.

6) Save the data

This is process to delimit single position.

You can create ecatt script for the tcode and give list of positions in the input so as to carryout bulk delimit.

For Org unit you will have to use almost same process with Tcode PO10

All this will delimit your data and nothing will be deleted.

Let me know if you need more information. Further if your question is answered with this, please allot points and close the question

Thanks,

Dhiraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deeraj i am happy but i want to know what is ecatt script and how to prepare it.

and confirm again that report method will delete the infotypes and relationships.

Regards,

Shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tell me step wise how to prepare this and use to delimit

(ecatt script )

shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sikinder,

I am on sa38 and report RHRHDLOO .

first of all tell me what to do in set structure conditions

what to use in infotype and subtype

why its saying delete records from personnel planning

my number range it says PD here it says PP

are we deleting or delimiting .

I want to delimit 2000 positions dear.

what will be my path.

shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

If you want to delete things use report RHRHDL00.

You are continuously saying that you need to delimit data, then please don't get into further confusion.

If you do not plan to delete records and you just plan to delimit them, then use the steps that i have provided to you for transaction PO13 & PO10 for Position and Org units.

If you plan to delimit 2000 positions, you should create ecatt script.

Ecatt script is like creating a mould and then creating a statue out of that mould with and painting all the statues in different colors.

Ecatt script is also like mail merge document in MS word where the format(template) remains same and a varriable value is added through external tabular data.

In SAP, we firstly record a data entry process through ecatt script and then play this recorded process as many times as required. So in your case once you record the data entry template and provide external data to the template (data for 2000 positions), then you can execute this script and sit and watch. after some time data for all 2000 positions will be automatically edited for 2000 positions.

For clear steps of creating ecatt script, here is step by step process at the following link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c00a94da-e815-2c10-3ba2-ac619c42...

Before creation of the script, firstly familarise yourself well with transaction PO13 & PO10.

Let me know if you need more information on this.

If your question is answered, please allot points and close the question.

Thanks,

Dhiraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi have u checked my another thread i want to know what tod o persons on these positions . Pls reply.

KInd Regards,

Shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiraj,

This is subbu, sorry to ask u the same question once again, i have read the suggestion you have provided to delimit the period for position or org. unit..

When i select the infotype 1000 for objects, and press shift F1, it does take me to the next screen Delimit Object..but i am unable to make the changes to the date as the date column is Grey.. i mean cannot enter any value in that field.

please suggest.

Regards,

subbu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

Will you please answer my question below.. regards,

This is subbu, sorry to ask u the same question once again, i have read the suggestion you have provided to delimit the period for position or org. unit..

When i select the infotype 1000 for objects, and press shift F1, it does take me to the next screen Delimit Object..but i am unable to make the changes to the date as the date column is Grey.. i mean cannot enter any value in that field.

please suggest.

Regards,

subbu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shruti,

Please go through the following

1.First select the plan version of the position/person

2.insert object type P for person

3. In object go for multiple selection & paste the bulk Person required to be deleted

4.Reporting period Select ALL - to delete all records KEY DATE - for particular date OTHER PERIOD - for a specified period

5. Evaluation Path - B008 (ALL relationships for Holder)

6. Infotype - 1001

7. Subtype - A008

Tick On all option - Display deleted Objects, Lock Objects, With Corresponding Records, Test

Press Enter Once & execute the transaction , now it displays the records to be deleted.

Then go back & remove tick from TEST & execute the transaction again.

Pls Note: This transaction is only for deleting the record & not delimiting

Regards,

Aks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please suggest.

Regards,

subbu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please suggest.

Regards,

subbu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can use RHGRENZ4 for Change of End date and RHBEDGDA0 for start date. Also suggested to go for LSMW or BDC.

Well you can also try creating Ecattscript for deletion and delimiting of positions and org units.

Positions can be delimited/deleted thru transaction PO13 (and on the next creen use shiftF1 or shiftF2) and Org unit can be delimited/deleted thru transaction PO10 (and on the next creen use shiftF1 or shiftF2).

If, you have received the answer, please close the question. Thanks, have a nice day ahead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhiraj pls check what i asked sikinder also.