Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access issue with tcode s_alr_87011990

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

There is one User who is having access issue for tcode s_alr_87011990 (Asset History Sheet).

The problem is that user is not able to see the Asset History Sheet for a particular Company code.

The message user is getting is that "No Data Found". But other users with same access of that user can see data for the same Company code. SU53 report & ST01 trace is showing all auth check is successful.

This user faced the same issue 3 months back and that issue was resolved by deleting & re-creating the user with same access. Now again after 3 months the user is facing same issue for the same Company code.

Did anyone face the same issue any where ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debajit,

S_ALR_87011990 is a "Parameter Transaction" , parametrized from START_REPORT. Parameter transactions allow you to preassign values to fields on the initial screen of a transaction.

To create a parameter transaction, use the Transaction Maintenance transaction (SE93). Once you have entered a transaction code and short description, choose transaction type Transaction with parameters (Parameter transaction). You can hide the initial screen of a parameter transaction if you have specified values for all of its fields.

Here in this case, the most important parameter when starting the report is the asset history sheet version. The asset history sheet version determines the form and content of the report. When you call the asset history sheet, the system checks whether the definition of the history sheet version is complete. The history sheet version is complete when all value categories (asset balances, value adjustments, depreciation, and so on) have been assigned to a cell in the history sheet version. If the history sheet version you are using is not complete, you should check the Customizing definition of the history sheet version and of the transaction types that belong to it.

The input selection for User Variables is like below:

Selection criteria

BUKRS Company code BUK

SO_ANLKL Asset class ANK

SO_GSBER Business area GSB

SO_KOSTL Cost center KOS

SO_WERKS Plant WRK

Parameters

BEREICH1 Depreciation area AFB

As per your query, please do not depend on the communication from the user. First try to analyze the real scenario about by using TCode ROLE_CMP for the user with someone else having similar access and not getting this error. If found ok, check user parameters in USR05. Also you make like to check other table entries: SHDFV, SHDSCCI, SHDTV, T8G031T

As you mentioned SU53 and ST01 doesn't provide any missing history, then the guess goes to that initial point. He is using incorrect selection criteria for this particular CompC. Many times it happens that after all searching we found that the requester was talking rubbish.

Regards,

Dipanjan

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

I distinctly remember something very similar having been discussed before.

Try a search for the transaction here (without date restriction). The checks in the Asset reporting area are "performance optimized".

Cheers,

Julius

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may want to have a look at the users' parameters.

Also, he/she may have accidentally set some filters and/or additional selection criteria via the menu path system -> user profile -> hold data or set data. There's also an option to 'delete data'. That may help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Jurjen that by mistake some parameters have been saved or the User Variables or variants in the s_alr_87011990 screen have been changed by the user.

Regards,

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debajit,

S_ALR_87011990 is a "Parameter Transaction" , parametrized from START_REPORT. Parameter transactions allow you to preassign values to fields on the initial screen of a transaction.

To create a parameter transaction, use the Transaction Maintenance transaction (SE93). Once you have entered a transaction code and short description, choose transaction type Transaction with parameters (Parameter transaction). You can hide the initial screen of a parameter transaction if you have specified values for all of its fields.

Here in this case, the most important parameter when starting the report is the asset history sheet version. The asset history sheet version determines the form and content of the report. When you call the asset history sheet, the system checks whether the definition of the history sheet version is complete. The history sheet version is complete when all value categories (asset balances, value adjustments, depreciation, and so on) have been assigned to a cell in the history sheet version. If the history sheet version you are using is not complete, you should check the Customizing definition of the history sheet version and of the transaction types that belong to it.

The input selection for User Variables is like below:

Selection criteria

BUKRS Company code BUK

SO_ANLKL Asset class ANK

SO_GSBER Business area GSB

SO_KOSTL Cost center KOS

SO_WERKS Plant WRK

Parameters

BEREICH1 Depreciation area AFB

As per your query, please do not depend on the communication from the user. First try to analyze the real scenario about by using TCode ROLE_CMP for the user with someone else having similar access and not getting this error. If found ok, check user parameters in USR05. Also you make like to check other table entries: SHDFV, SHDSCCI, SHDTV, T8G031T

As you mentioned SU53 and ST01 doesn't provide any missing history, then the guess goes to that initial point. He is using incorrect selection criteria for this particular CompC. Many times it happens that after all searching we found that the requester was talking rubbish.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your replies & suggestions...

I have a query for Jurjen Heeck's reply.

Hi Jurjen ,

I can see that you have proposed a wonderful suggestion.

The user might have done that setting accidentally (i.e. Hold data / Set Data).

But is there a way out to come out of all these settings.

Last time I can remember that after deleting & recreating the user with same access, the issue was resolved. It looks like as I created the user account newly all previous settings was removed.

But how can the user go back to his first default setting (without deleteing & recreating the user).

I can understand that this is nothing to do with user's backend security authorization. But the user is still not able to see the data for a particular company code.

0 Kudos

Hi Debajit,

Have you tried the option "Delete Data" that is suggetsed by Jurjen?

Regards,

0 Kudos

No. I have not suggested that solution yet.

Actually before suggesting, I want to make sure that there will be no data loss if the user click on the option "Delete Data".

Does this option mean only to delete all the present settings / selections and redirect it to the default settings ? If this is the case, I am fine with it.

Please confirm me.

0 Kudos

Please check the below links for more details on set data, hold data & delete data.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/38/84a9424161b911e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

[]

Regards,

0 Kudos

Dear All ,

This issue has been resolved.

User has replied that he had set one variant earlier & later forgot about it.

After he deleted the variant, his access works fine.

Thanks a lot to all of your for your proper suggestions.