cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location required entry in Material Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My client requirement is, at the time of creation of Material Master, System will ask for Storage Location.Without Storage Location, Icann't create Material Master.

Even if I'll select Plant and Storage LOcation View & Warehouse View, System is not asking the storage Location.

Can anybody suggest me where I'll set the setting so that system will ask for Storage Location mandatory in Material Master.

Thanks & regards

PKB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you create material if you maintain following view then automatically system ask you for storage location.

Sales: Sales Org. Data 1

Sales: Sales Org. Data 2

Sales: General/Plant Data

General Plant Data / Storage 1

General Plant Data / Storage 2

MRP 1

MRP 2

MRP 3

MRP 4

Hope this help you.

Raja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your reply.Before Posting the thread, I've already checked these Views what you told.But system is not asking me to enter storage location.

You can check in your system.

System only asking for plant not storage location.Even if we select warehouse view, system is not asking for Storage Location view.

Thanks & Regards

PKB

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which type of material you are creating? Did you select the View/s General Plant data/ Storage 1 & or General Plant data/ Storage 2 along with basic data views , you will definltely get the SLOC

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuel,

Irrespective of any material type and selection of views, system is not asking for storage location.If in your system it is coming, tell me the field selection for Data screen in IMG and field selection group so that I'll make it as required entry.

Thansk & Regards

PKB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sappers,

Got the answer and thread is closed.

Thanks

PKB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranaya,

I think you should for a User exit .Anyhow wait for some more replys..

MGA00001 Material Master (Industry): Checks and Enhancements

EXIT_SAPLMGMU_001 Enhancements for Material Master Tables

Regards

Ramesh Ch