cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Release Indicator per doc type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, The settings in the release indicator applies to all docs type, right? I just want to know if it's possible to set a release indicator depending on the PO document type? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

No this is not possible. You may configure it by creating new release indicator and use only for constructing the release strategies for that particular document type.

Regards

sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

How do I create a new release indicator? and how can I assign the new release indicator per doc type? Thanks so much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

This is a back end/config activity. Let's say you are doing it for a PO. Then follow the below steps

1) IMG u2013 Material Management u2013 Purchasing u2013 Purchase Order u2013 Release Procedure for Purchase order u2013 Define Release Procedure for Purchase Orders

2) Choose release indicator.

3) You may copy any standard release indicator and rename it as per your need and put the discription relevant to your document type. Maintian the ticks, whether with that release indicator you want the PO to be released or blocked

4) Now When you create release strategy for your specific document type, you have got a button called Release statuses, there you may call you release indicator. And use that particular Release indicator for that particular document types only.

This was all about to map your demand. But still i would sugget to go for release strategy with document type as one of the release characteristics, becuase simply maintaining the release indicator according to the document type really doenst make any sense. Any way its simply going to give you a different description, thats it. No significant change would happpen.

For any clarificaiton or I am not clear to understand your exact requirement, please do revert. I would definitely like to add some values.

Regards

sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

THank you so much!!!

Last question.. what's the difference between release indicator 4 and 6?

4 here says.. Changeable, new release in case of new strat. or val. change

6 here says..Changeable, new rel. if new strat. or value change/outputted

what i want is any change will result to new release.. thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

First of all thanks for valuating my inputs.

Well if we go for release indicator 4- release resets if some changes are done, but not if we output the document.

and

when we use release indicator 6- Release gets reset for not only for any changes done but even it is subjected to repeat output also. Means if we try outputting second time, the release gets reset.

Normally it is advisable to use 6, which is mostly used.

Regards,

sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Again..

I tried to create a new Release Indicator and I applied it in the existing release strategies. But when I tested it, the existing POs were not updated. Is it possible to apply this to the POs created prior to my config? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

The configuration wont have any effect on the old PO, untill those are re-initiated. To re-initiate you can simply change something in PO, save, again change and restore the old value and save. Now the new configuration would trigger.

For example: If one of the release characteristics is purchase group and your existing/old PO is having purchase group as 101. then to re-initialize I would change it to any other avaialble purchase group, lets say 200 and Save. Again I would change it and restore the purchase group as 101 and save. After restoring and saving you would now observe that the new configuration/release strategy has got triggered.

One hint: Dont bother about the already released PR/PO, as they wont get affected by the change in the release strategy. Even if you have totally changed the release structure, but still these already released PR/PO can be successfully processed ahead. Only the PR/PO which are pending for release after your configuration are to be re-initialized as I have described above.

For any concerns you are welcome.

Regards

sachin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

sorry for the mistake. You cant set release indicator according to po document type. Instead of that, you can set new release according to po document type.

Regards,

Prasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

Yes you can set release for purchase order document type with table EKKO and field BSART in characteristics.

Regards,

Prasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to set release indicator based on document types. it is better to create new release strategy and add document type in release strategy classification. hope this helps.

regards

alexandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply..

Yes, I have set different release strats for different doc types.

Actually here's what I want to do:

For Doc type A, editing of POs are not allowed once released.

For Doc type B, editing of POs (whether increase or decrease of price) should require a new release.

Thanks and appreciate your help.