Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

PO Release Indicator per doc type

Hi, The settings in the release indicator applies to all docs type, right? I just want to know if it's possible to set a release indicator depending on the PO document type? Thanks!

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Angela,

This is a back end/config activity. Let's say you are doing it for a PO. Then follow the below steps

1) IMG u2013 Material Management u2013 Purchasing u2013 Purchase Order u2013 Release Procedure for Purchase order u2013 Define Release Procedure for Purchase Orders

2) Choose release indicator.

3) You may copy any standard release indicator and rename it as per your need and put the discription relevant to your document type. Maintian the ticks, whether with that release indicator you want the PO to be released or blocked

4) Now When you create release strategy for your specific document type, you have got a button called Release statuses, there you may call you release indicator. And use that particular Release indicator for that particular document types only.

This was all about to map your demand. But still i would sugget to go for release strategy with document type as one of the release characteristics, becuase simply maintaining the release indicator according to the document type really doenst make any sense. Any way its simply going to give you a different description, thats it. No significant change would happpen.

For any clarificaiton or I am not clear to understand your exact requirement, please do revert. I would definitely like to add some values.

Regards

sachin

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question