cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy asset upload - AS91/AS92

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are in the process of uploading the legacy asset data into the pre production client through an LSMW

There were 40 assets which didnt go through the upload. The resaon behind is the cumulative acquisition value in the take over values tab is in display mode and upload throws an error saying the field is not an input field.

Similar assets havebeen uploaded through upload without any issue. Please guide as to what would be the reason for field to be in display mode suddenly.

Early reply is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Karpagam Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JavedKamal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check to things:

1. Just go to OAOA then double click on asset class for which you are uploading legacy assets then check & select "No AUC or Summary Management of AUC" under Status of AuC tab. Save your entry then create your legacy asset TC: AS91 in this class go to Takeover value, I hope field of Cum.acquis.val.and Accm.ord.deprec is ready for input.

If still the problems is same then check this:

2. I think so you gave the capitalization date, which is your is set for transfer date), fields are display. If you give capitalization date of previous year, itu2019s working perfectly fine. And this is standard practice to upload legacy data of previous fiscal year.

So you need to upload data of previous year only by AS91. Not for your current fiscal year capitalization and for this use normal by AS01 (For large data create upload LSMW).

I hope if you gave the capitalization date of previous for these 40 assets (if they belongs to previous year) you will see fields are ready for input. If they belongs to current use AS01 as stated above.

if it works plz inform me.

Thanks

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javed,

Thanks for your reply.

So, though the asset transfer happens in the middle of the year, only till 31.12.2008 we can use as91,

for all assets bought between the 1st jan and 30th june, 2009 should go through the AS01

1. create the asset through AS01

2. How will i upload the acquisition value?

3. how will i post the depreciation for 6 months?

Please reply ASAP.

Thanks and Regards

Karpagam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javed,

Plaese confirm this is correct.

I use AS91 t code for upload.

I change the capitalisation date as 31.12.2008 and give the depreciation start date as given by the user in curreny fiscal year, and fill in the details and save

Will there be any problem if I do like this?

Please guide me immediately as i have to comlete my upload by this evening.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kalpana

JavedKamal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karpagam,

Please donu2019t change the original capitalization date of any assets in upload AS91, Just make a list of those assets which are capitalized in current fiscal year(handle the separately).

You can handle this in different ways, if you inline all your legacy data upto 31.12.08. Reverse all your acquisition/capitalization after 31.12.08 in ur legacy system. In this way your legacy and SAP system are reconciled at 31.12.08. After that just upload legacy data by AS91.

All those acquisitions/capitalization which are in current year, use the normal way to process them in SAP, and after go live you can start your depreciation run from 1 period of the current year.

In this way your legacy and SAP are reconciled at 31.12.2008.

Regards

Javed