Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer test data between function modules?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can anyone tell me how to keep the test data directory while renaming function modules? Or how to transfer the test data directory to a copied function module? All the test data are getting lost while I am renaming a function module.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no standard way for this, you might try to go to debug mode when you got to the Test data directory and change the new FM name to the old one, then save it again.

I made a quick debugging and the relevant code is in LSEUJFDB Form DB_IMPORT_DATADIR.

Hope it helps.

Peter

8 REPLIES 8

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is not possible to transfer the test data while copying.

Cheers,

Abdul Hakim

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no standard way for this, you might try to go to debug mode when you got to the Test data directory and change the new FM name to the old one, then save it again.

I made a quick debugging and the relevant code is in LSEUJFDB Form DB_IMPORT_DATADIR.

Hope it helps.

Peter

0 Kudos

Thanks Peter. Actually I was looking for a solution which we can use across our project as there are quite a no. of function modules need to be renamed because of change in the naming convention. I have written a program leveraging SAP's code which takes in the 2 function module names and copies test data directory from one to the other. If any body wants the code, drop me a mail at <b>mailtodeep1@rediffmail.com</b> and I will send you the code. Thanks once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe this would work - instead of renaming the FM, copy it to the new name. Then change the old one so that it simply calls the new one with the same parameters. Put them in different transports so that you can keep the old one from going to production.

Rob

0 Kudos

Thanks Rob, that was quite smart. But I wanted something smarter to present to the client, and that's why I have written a code to accopmlish this. If any body wants the code, drop me a mail at <b>mailtodeep1@rediffmail.com</b> and I will send you the code. Thanks once again.

0 Kudos

why dont you write a weblog about your code sample or submit it as a code sample, that way the whole community can benefit from it.

it was nice of you to offer to email the code.

Regards

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not familiar with the concept of Weblogs.Could you please let me know how to write that? I don't know how to submit a code sample either. If you plese let me know how to do either of them, I will do it. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

At the top of this page is a link 'Submit Content'. Clicking on it will get you started.

Rob