cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assets upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i need to upload some assets which are related to jan-march,09, client is already in production, we uploaded data till dec, 08 only, how to upload these assets in system,

please guide me

regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can uploading us AS91.

But, I would like to ask what kind of assets you are having from Jan to March only. Please clarify.

Anyway, the following guide is useful for writing LSMW.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have nearly 400 assets of build,PM,Fur,Veh etc., each one is having dep at 4%, 5% etc, at straight line method,

i have depriciation value for the jan -mar period which is as per their books,

how to proceed this

Former Member
0 Kudos

To make a mass upload, you have two options:

1. If the change of the field can be put into an algorithm (e.g., enter XYZ as a super number for all assets in class 1234), you can use a mass change rule. You first define the mass change rule in the same way as you would define an asset substitution (IF something, THEN something else), then you go into the mass change transaction, select the right assets, the proper change rule ... and hit Execute. If you want, I can send you the transaction codes 24 hours from now (I do not have SAP in front of me), or someone else can.

2. Very often, it is easier to prepare the data in Excel and use transaction AS02 for the upload. Here, I can recommend transaction LSMW - you simulate (and record) the AS02 transaction on one fixed asset master, then follow all the steps proposed by the system (define fixed values, variables, etc.) and finally upload the Excel (.csv). System will automatically generate a batch input for all assets. It may take some time for you if you do it for the first time, but it is the best way if you would otherwise need to define complex algorithms.

So - use option 1 if you have a simple algorithm for many assets, and option 2 if "each case is different" or if you feel more comfortable in Excel than ABAP. Option 2 is simple, but of course takes some time to generate the upload and then run the batch sessions (while option 1 changes everything instantly in a matter of seconds).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ameet_desai
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI subramanyan,

You can use a standard LSMW template to upload the assets.Use T.code LSMW to locate LSMW template.

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply,

i think i can start uploading by using as91, is it right