cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real-Time Integration of Controlling with Financial Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

can any body provide configuration steps how to do Real-Time Integration of Controlling with FI

Regards

Sreenivasulu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in Customizing FI global settings (new) / real-time integr. of CO with FI.

Variants for real-time Integration CO->FI:

real-time integr. with CO active,

acct. determination: active (this enables the system to post secondary cost elements to FI using a OKC9 substitution for event 60),

set a from-date.

Define a doc. type used for all the postings, ensure the doc. type is arranged to a number range that is big enough to cover the number of postings (depending on your business cases this can be a huge number of postings per fiscal year...)

You can define a ledger group for the postings, I did not.

Select doc. lines for real time integration: depends on your requirements:

Set the "use checkboxes" marker

I don't use cross-comp. code real-time integration and don't have Funds/Grants in use so I did not select this fields.

No more settings there.

I assigned this integration variant to all my comp. codes in the next IMG step.

NO things customized in "define rules for selecting CO line items"

Acc. deternination for real-time integration:

no IC clearing acc. defined as I don not allow online cross comp. postings

define acc. det. for real-time integration: as mentioned above, you have to assigen an account that covers sec. cost element postings in CO to an FI account, or you add. an extended acc.assignment => OKC9.

Thats it. Extensive testing guaranteed ).

Best regards, Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christian

Thank you very much for replying mai and it was helpful, can you please explain what are the steps to write in substitution (OKC9)

Regards

Sreenivasulu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

if you have the need to bring secondary cost element postings (CO assessment cycle,...) to accounting using different account numbers (to have more detailed accounting information) you can create OKC9-substitution for call-up pint 60. Below is an exampls, how to post secondary cost element values from 97140 / 9714(these are secondary cost elements for IT allocation) to FI account 90889.

prerequisite:

RCL_ICCF-RACCT >= '97140' AND

RCL_ICCF-RACCT <= '97141'

substitutions: constant value 90889.

I've created such substitution steps for all secondary cost elements/FI accounts.

Best regards, Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christian,

In your above comments you have mentioned 97140 and 97141, it means when ever we allocate cost of 97140 & 97141 GL's it should be posted to 90889, is that you are trying to explain, if my understanding is wrong please explain in detail

Regards

Sreenivasulu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

secondary cost elements 97140 and 97141 and CO allocation postings happened to them where profit center / functional area differs at sender /receiver needs to be posted to general ledger, otherwise FI / CO vaules will not match an profit center / functional area level.

As secondary cost elements do not exist in financial accounting, I described in my example the mapping of secondary cost element(s) to an account number (90889).

With this setting, every CO allocation posting using sec. cost elements 97140 / 97141 with different sender / receiver profit center / functional area (and all the other organisational structures that you use (business area, segment,...)) is posted in account 90899 in FI general ledger.

Best regards, Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

i will let you know if i require further help

Regards

Sreenivasulu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian

in your example, did you create account 90889 as a cost element ?

I am assuming not since the amounts would then double up in CO...